Gunstock New Trail Map

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 2,056
I like Gunstock's new painted trail map. It's much more visually appealing and represents the mountain better. However, they did forget to label the Hotshot trail.

- Sam
image.jpeg
1445 x 1273 - 849K

Comments

• NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    The trail to the left of the Panorama isn't named?
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    NELSAP said:

That's Hotshot.

Peepsight also not labeled. On PP quad pod.
  • newmannewman advanced
    I don't like the way the lighted yellow is in the trees. Makes Tiger and Ramrod look like one big bowl that requires caution.
  • edited November 22 Posts: 2,056

NELSAP said:

That's Hotshot.

Peepsight also not labeled. On PP quad pod.

I wonder why that happened. :-/
    - Sam
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Lighted glade skiing? :)
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    NELSAP said:

Lighted glade skiing? :)

If you count Final Frontier (it's a pretty open glade), Crotched Mountain has had it for years!  And based on late night snow without first tracks the next AM, I assume that there is enough light on Solstice Glade that it's being skied at night.
  • becca_mbecca_m advanced
    Maybe Hotshot isn't labeled because, when I used to have season passes there, it almost never had enough snow to open?  That bottom flat section on a snowboard was HORRIBLE - like holding an edge and trying to keep the speed up took FOREVER.  Top section with natural snow and the weeds poking through was super-fun, though!!!!
    becca_m said:

Maybe Hotshot isn't labeled because, when I used to have season passes there, it almost never had enough snow to open?  That bottom flat section on a snowboard was HORRIBLE - like holding an edge and trying to keep the speed up took FOREVER.  Top section with natural snow and the weeds poking through was super-fun, though!!!!

If that was the case, I would think that they just wouldn't bother labeling it at all.
    - Sam
  • becca_mbecca_m advanced
    hahaha - 

becca_m said:

If that was the case, I would think that they just wouldn't bother labeling it at all.