Caberfae Cadillac Mich NOVEMBER 24 2017 Opening Day

edited November 2017 in Trip Reports
Had a fantastic opening day with Snowjournalist Ted Reilly and his daughter Meagan and two of my grandsons. A rare sunny day with mild temps reaching mid 50s made for comfortable skiing and we were very happy with both the coverage and quality of man made snow. Five trails and 3 lifts were more than Boyne, Nubs, Crystal or any other Michigan area.

This was my second November start in four years and I got two of the last four Aprils in. This was a great showing by the Meyer family owned area of over 35 years. I spoke with a nice gray haired lady patroller who said the 1 year old Doppylmayr triple is paid for and the Meyers do not like debt. Also confirmed that a lift( not sure New or used) will be installed into the backcountry ( former open terrain) by 2020.
She said quote" the Meyers love what they do" and she said " I love what I do".( patrolling)

I used my white gold card, I bought 10 yr old Brendan's snowboard rental and day pass on liftopia for $30.99 and 7 yr old Tyler was $5. Such great value. Ted has a season pass.

During lunch I felt like a Bloody Mary which Ted said were great here and sure enough not only was it tasty it was only $4.00! He joined me with one and I took some pictures of Caberfaes old slopes in the bar and we toasted to a great ski season. I lost count of the runs we made but once again kudos to Cabbys snowmaking crew for a great opening day

Comments