Scenic, awe inspiring drives to Ski Resorts

2»

Comments

  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    Posts: 237
    The view of Holimount from downtown Ellicottville is a good view. The pic is from a gas station and it is not good as it is from thr main street .image
    Holimount.JPG
    960 x 720 - 111K
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Posts: 1,933
    JimK you had to go and ruin it for us and burst our balloons...  Just kidding, keep the great pics coming, I enjoy them.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    Posts: 884

    JimK: Hunter does loom rather steep above the highway, but it's the ugliest ski hill I've ever seen.

    As with your Mt. Bachelor experience, approaching Sugarloaf in the 1970s it was always "Yes!! The gondola's running!" Or not.

  • Posts: 2,188
    Treilly said:

    The view of Holimount from downtown Ellicottville is a good view. The pic is from a gas station and it is not good as it is from thr main street .


    It's a good view of the mountain, but I wouldn't describe Holiday Valley as "awe inspiring". ;)) It's similar to how you can see Arrowhead well from downtown Claremont.
    - Sam
  • ADKskierADKskier advanced
    Posts: 307
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Whiteface. Coming back on 9N to 86 there are some prominent views of the whole Whiteface range. That is a big mountain and at 800 feet above sea level past Jay, NY Whiteface is over 4k feet of vertical. 
    ~Rich~
    whiteface.JPG
    1200 x 882 - 195K
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 2,000
    ADKskier said:

    Surprised nobody has mentioned Whiteface. Coming back on 9N to 86 there are some prominent views of the whole Whiteface range. That is a big mountain and at 800 feet above sea level past Jay, NY Whiteface is over 4k feet of vertical. 

    Mentioned
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    Posts: 237

    Treilly said:

    The view of Holimount from downtown Ellicottville is a good view. The pic is from a gas station and it is not good as it is from thr main street .


    It's a good view of the mountain, but I wouldn't describe Holiday Valley as "awe inspiring". ;)) It's similar to how you can see Arrowhead well from downtown Claremont.
    When you live in the flatlands of Michigan Holiday Valley it is kind of awe inspiring

  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    Posts: 406
    Treilly said:

    Treilly said:

    The view of Holimount from downtown Ellicottville is a good view. The pic is from a gas station and it is not good as it is from thr main street .


    It's a good view of the mountain, but I wouldn't describe Holiday Valley as "awe inspiring". ;)) It's similar to how you can see Arrowhead well from downtown Claremont.
    When you live in the flatlands of Michigan Holiday Valley it is kind of awe inspiring


    Greer Hill does look good from town. I hiked it a long time ago and appreciated the view from up there over the village. Also find the lights for night skiing to be kind of outworldly coming down 219-- very Close Encounters like when everythings aglow. Awesome in a snowstorm. 

    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • ADKskierADKskier advanced
    Posts: 307
    ciscokid said:

    ADKskier said:

    Surprised nobody has mentioned Whiteface. Coming back on 9N to 86 there are some prominent views of the whole Whiteface range. That is a big mountain and at 800 feet above sea level past Jay, NY Whiteface is over 4k feet of vertical. 

    Mentioned
    Missed it whoops
    ~Rich~
Sign In or Register to comment.