What's the closest ski area to your house that you've never skied?

13»

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,191
    LiftGuy said:

But you made me look- 26 miles away

How about if they build that year-round complex in Castle Rock? Seems kind of farfetched -- but I did stop in that area last winter on my way down to the Springs and was surprised how rapidly it's developing

Once you give us the mileage to Eldora we can triangulate exactly where you live

;))
  • JonniJonni intermediate
    ciscokid said:

Cool Chuck
    Wow Betsy and Joni, 40-50 miles from Stowe and never skied

It's a case of it being far too expensive and just a hassle to get to. The northern route around the mountain is probably the quickest way to get to Stowe for me, but it would mean driving past Smuggs to get there.
  • ceoceo intermediate
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28
    Blue Hills, MA, 21 miles. Closest ski area to me, period, and I've never skied there.
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced

Once you give us the mileage to Eldora we can triangulate exactly where you live

;))

Eldora is 27 miles away and I have skied there! Also, since I don't own a Crow, all these distances are by roadways. :-)

• LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    edited December 2017 Posts: 147

LiftGuy said:

How about if they build that year-round complex in Castle Rock? Seems kind of farfetched -- but I did stop in that area last winter on my way down to the Springs and was surprised how rapidly it's developing.

I'm not sold on the concept. I think of Xanadu/Meadowlands/Next Name and others that looked good on paper but never worked out. But that's what's great about America- we can dream of anything!

• mapnutmapnut expert
    edited December 2017 Posts: 873
    So how many of us haven't skied the closest area to our house? (No need for a new thread, we're all listed here.) I haven't skied the closest two, Constant and Thunder Ridge. The closest I've skied is Mt. Peter, a tad closer than Woodbury.
    The closest area to my house where I grew up was the Camillus Ski Hill. I've been there twice but never skied it. 

IBRAKE
  • patrick_torsellpatrick_torsell intermediate
    edited December 2017 Posts: 22
    I lived in Leadville, CO for a total of 6 years (two different times), and never skied Keystone or Aspen (granted, in the winter Aspen was a bit of a drive, since Independence Pass closes... but I could ski there for free, and I never did). Lived in the MRV, VT for 6 years, never skied Bolton or Stowe. Grew up in Bellefonte, PA; never skied Tussey Mountain (15 minutes away; and I should say that I never skied Tussey so far as I can remember... my dad was the GM for a few years when I was a toddler, so there's a good chance he had me on skis there at some point).