Burke's Willoughby Quad Being Removed

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 216
Looks like Burke's Willoughby Quad is being removed...though not sure exactly why. It is barely used now that there is an HSQ to the top. In the past, the lift was going to be reused in the East Bowl.

Comments

• djaskipa68djaskipa68 novice
    Jeremy

Based on Nurse's FB page, management discovered cracks in the summit terminal. Very vague posting but no mentioned of its futu're home or use.
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced

I've exchanged a few emails with
    a staff person at Saddleback. In addition to a FGQ up near the St. Lawrence, I
    sent him a note about the Burke quad. But they don’t seem to be proceeding well.

• ME2VTskierME2VTskier advanced
    TomWhite said:

I've exchanged a few emails with
    a staff person at Saddleback. In addition to a FGQ up near the St. Lawrence, I
    sent him a note about the Burke quad. But they don’t seem to be proceeding well.

I'm now in the camp of those who believe the Aussies have no money, and are looking for a miracle, to try to close on the mountain before the clock runs out. Doubt they are currently in the market for any lifts, new or used. Heck is the T-bar even repaired enough to pass inspection and be operated this year?
  • ME2VTskierME2VTskier advanced

Jeremy

Based on Nurse's FB page, management discovered cracks in the summit terminal. Very vague posting but no mentioned of its futu're home or use.

Their own FB page says they are taking it down and placing it in storage for now. They haven't decided whether they'll take down the towers or not, but have no immediate plans to reloacate it or sell it.