New lifts for Whistler, Blackcomb, Park City, Heavenly

edited December 2017 in NELSAP Forum
Vail is spending $150 million on improvements next summer, including:
- 10 passenger gondola at Blackcomb with midstation to replace Wizard and Solar Coaster
- High-speed quad to replace Catskinner on Blackcomb Mountain
- Six-pack replacing Emerald on Whistler Mountain
- High-Speed beginner lift at Park City
- New Galaxy lift at Heavenly


Nothing for Colorado or Stowe yet but the first shots are fired against the Aspen-KSL group.

Comments

  • Heck what's a little debt if the bubble bursts
  • Peter said:



    Nothing for Colorado or Stowe yet but the first shots are fired against the Aspen-KSL group.
    March is going to be fascinating when the new pass products come out.  

    Have heard they are probably going to keep Mountain Collective in some form but I'm hoping they put out similar stuff to Epic and include the 4 Aspen Mountains in a least some form of season pass. Would have no problem with doing Deer Valley on our visits to Utah.  Here in the east, just thinking about that, with Sugarbush on Mountain Collective and Stratton under the Aspen umbrella, maybe a little reciprocal agreement? I'd be interested.  

    Son working at Keystone (Epic) has me interested in that product too.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ


  • 4aprice said:

    Peter said:



    Nothing for Colorado or Stowe yet but the first shots are fired against the Aspen-KSL group.
    March is going to be fascinating when the new pass products come out.  

    Have heard they are probably going to keep Mountain Collective in some form but I'm hoping they put out similar stuff to Epic and include the 4 Aspen Mountains in a least some form of season pass. Would have no problem with doing Deer Valley on our visits to Utah.  Here in the east, just thinking about that, with Sugarbush on Mountain Collective and Stratton under the Aspen umbrella, maybe a little reciprocal agreement? I'd be interested.  

    Son working at Keystone (Epic) has me interested in that product too.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ

    Yeah, if they had Stratton and Sugarbush, plus some good Colorado and Utah options, I might rethink my aversion to the big corporate pass (though I'd still get Bromley and Magic)

  • Leitner-Poma and Doppelmayr must be having a field day.
  • That is intense. Is there anywhere else where two gondies cross?

  • newpylong said:

    That is intense. Is there anywhere else where two gondies cross?


    Don't think so in North America.  Probably in Euroland.
  • That's rough about Galaxy at Heavenly being down for a couple years now.  Opens up a huge amount of low traffic mostly mild tree skiing.  That lift was outdated and crappy back when I lived there around Y2K so it must have been really at the end of the line when they finally closed it.
Sign In or Register to comment.