Birdland Chair to be Replaced

2»

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert

That Poma is a blast to ride. It’s very fast. Those crazy single sheaves look like bicycle wheels. The whole thing screams Vive Le France! ;))

Thanks Jean Pomagalski

Ibrake4tbars you are still in to ride that floater at Nubs right? And the Boyne's relics of course

Little over a month away
  • conradconrad intermediate

Speaking of old lifts, I wonder how (or from where) Killington finds parts for the Upper Snowden Poma, vintage 1958.

Some parts can probably come from Poma, the manufacturer. I haven't confirmed Snowden, but I did confirm with Remontees-Mecaniques Poma experts that the Burke poma was definitely a Poma model. Hardly any doubt that Snowden was Poma as well, since I don't think any other manufacturer ever built poma lifts in the North America.
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    obienick said:

Any rumors on what will replace it? Willoughby Quad? The doubles from Stowe?

How many lattice chairs will we be down to now? I can think of:

* North Star Double, Big Rock
    * Top Flight Quad, Ski Butternut
    * Single, Mad River Glen
    * Ego Alley, Mt. Snow
    * Triple, Ski Ward

Is it fact that Stowe is retiring the double? I heard rumors the other day on the Fourrunner Quad that they were replacing it, supposedly a chair fell off the rope last season (hearsay). They have been running it intermittently at low speed, but no loading.  
    ciscokid said:

That Poma is a blast to ride. It’s very fast. Those crazy single sheaves look like bicycle wheels. The whole thing screams Vive Le France! ;))

Thanks Jean Pomagalski

Ibrake4tbars you are still in to ride that floater at Nubs right? And the Boyne's relics of course

Little over a month away
    If my fiscal December works out I’ll be able to swing it. Will be able to confirm one way or the other by the 21st.
  • NJSkiNJSki advanced
    Maybe the Bubble 6-pack from the Hermitage?
  • obienickobienick expert
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,102
    I'm talking about the old Alpine & Easy Street Doubles, both of which were bought up by a reinstaller firm.  I highly doubt Lookout would move to a new home at this point.  I also highly doubt it's in danger since they have pleanty of parts from Little Spruce double which was never reinstalled anywhere.
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    NJSki said:

Maybe the Bubble 6-pack from the Hermitage?

Good one!

Honestly don't think they need a quad or anything more than a double there.  I admit, I tend to ride that lift a few times when I ski there, never have waited in line.

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    I spoke to a young lady at Killington today who is an instructor at the Hermitage.  She indicated that from what she is experiencing,  it is "business as usual".  
  • ceoceo intermediate

I've always loved old-school detachable Pomas; they're just so completely different from any other lift. Was sad when Burke took theirs down.