Ski Bradford to open

KayakerKayaker intermediate
Ski Bradford is taking advantage of the good snow making weather and is planning to open December 16.  This is the earliest opening I can remember.

Comments

Yes, we will be open after around a week of snowmaking.

Kayaker, do you have a connection to Bradford?
    - Sam
  • KayakerKayaker intermediate

Yup, for the past 20 years I have been teaching teach there on Saturdays, typically.  One of the many part-part-time instructors.  We should meet up.

Paul 

• edited December 2017 Posts: 2,147
    Kayaker said:

Yup, for the past 20 years I have been teaching teach there on Saturdays, typically.  One of the many part-part-time instructors.  We should meet up.

Paul 

We probably will because I'll be instructing on Saturdays as well this year, and I'm sure we've met before. I ski on K2 Four Rs and have green Lange boots.
    - Sam
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Opening on Saturday with 100% of their terrain as per Facebook.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• edited December 2017 Posts: 2,147
    sugarloaf said:

I don't know where you see that. After seeing how much snow they had made as of last night, I see almost no chance of them having 100% of terrain open. I expect they will have two or three runs down from the Hornet Triple.
    - Sam

sugarloaf said:

I don't know where you see that. After seeing how much snow they had made as of last night, I see almost no chance of them having 100% of terrain open. I expect they will have two or three runs down from the Hornet Triple.
    The video on their Facebook page, it's not dated and just says come ski us this weekend. I'm assuming it's a recent video.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

I'll give a brief overview of what's open and conditions after I'm there this evening.
    - Sam
    The website says three trails.
    - Sam

The website says three trails.

It's does now, last night it was still not listed.

Here are a few pictures from today.

imageimageimageimageimage
    - Sam
    102_1522.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 833K
    102_1523.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 743K
    102_1524.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 825K
    102_1525.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 771K
    102_1526.JPG