Mistaken identity of SJ "senior" contributor

ciscokidciscokid expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 2,245
Here all along I'm thinking Sam the "picture postingking" newenglandskier13 is a retired or semi retired 60 plus or minus man. He takes midweek day trips and it seemed his verbage and language that of an old school been around along time with much wisdom interjected.

I jump on skiernet/bum and see his report from Ragged. I look at his contributor picture and he looks like a teen. I pm him and yes he is a senior in HS!
Wow no wonder he posts pics up the wazoo and blows ski_it away

Who have you met or found out about a SJ contributor that was totally different than your expectations?

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited December 2017 Posts: 2,245
    Still trying to figure out who this inconspicuous fella i
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Sam, Really? I figured 30s. Elsewise I have no expectations and I've only met a few of the CM crowd. Some others are legends in my own mind in the hiking grid crowd so pics are available.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    SJ Gang,

If you haven't met ciscokid in person yet, you're in for a surprise ... and definitely a good time!

He and Mrs. Kid visited our home in Virginia a few years back.  Glad I was prepared by seeing a photo first.  I think he lives up a beanstalk somewhere.

Woody

SJ Gang,

If you haven't met ciscokid in person yet, you're in for a surprise ... and definitely a good time!

He and Mrs. Kid visited our home in Virginia a few years back.  Glad I was prepared by seeing a photo first.  I think he lives up a beanstalk somewhere.

Woody
    I could say the same for you Mr. Woody and Mrs. Woody are fine entertainers. The biggest surprise was to find the heir of a early Massachusetts fine ski area went South . Little did I know that my traveling passion inspired a biologist to follow my footprints .

This Internet thing is a great mediator of ages ,interesting those in their teens and those in their 80s. Such a great mix

Because of the interest in so many different facets of skiing here I have a youthful young man in his 20s flying out from the ski capital of the east to the flatland to research ski lifts this year with those in another country around the world.

• bmwskierbmwskier expert
    BMWSkier at work... image
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    1512308390489.jpg
    400 x 300 - 25K
    Who are these hoodlums?image
    IMG_3069.JPG
    320 x 240 - 63K
  • JimKJimK advanced
    edited December 2017 Posts: 260
    What was the username of the guy on NYSkiBlog who was a young teenager, but wrote very articulate and detailed trip reports and debated topics like an old pro, almost like a prodigy?  He may still be posting over there?  He could be in college by now??
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,318
    Holy crap, glad I went on a diet!    That's what 320 looks like.  Yikes.  OK with me if you delete that photo  ;)

newenglandskier13 has a true love for the sport, his contributions here and elsewhere are fantastic.  No doubt he's already impacted a lot of people, his enthusiasm will encourage many more to take up the sport!

Holy crap, glad I went on a diet!    That's what 320 looks like.  Yikes.  OK with me if you delete that photo  ;)

newenglandskier13 has a true love for the sport, his contributions here and elsewhere are fantastic.  No doubt he's already impacted a lot of people, his enthusiasm will encourage many more to take up the sport!
    I was just wondering who that in conspicuous fellow was nobody seem to know oh where did he go?
    Well here's a 330 image
    IMG_1762.JPG
    2560 x 1440 - 242K

newenglandskier13 has a true love for the sport, his contributions here and elsewhere are fantastic.  No doubt he's already impacted a lot of people, his enthusiasm will encourage many more to take
    up the sport!

Now that I found out Sam's real age I don't feel so underwhelmed in my picture taking prowess if I was only a senior in high school again who knows where I'd be
    You know all this picture taking stuff from yesteryear is just all in the sense of good humor to have some fun during the holidays please don't take any of my pictures seriously I just get try to get people to laugh here and then when they meet me in person I scare them to death or they really love me one or the other though in between with this guy
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    JimK said:

What was the username of the guy on NYSkiBlog who was a young teenager, but wrote very articulate and detailed trip reports and debated topics like an old pro, almost like a prodigy?  He may still be posting over there?  He could be in college by now??

Are you talking about Snoloco?