Busy weekend weather wise.

Looks like a decent snow late tonight through Friday, followed by rain Saturday, and then a system Sunday through Monday (should be mostly snow) followed by brutal cold next week. 
~Rich~

Comments

• ADKskier said:

Looks like a decent snow late tonight through Friday, followed by rain Saturday, and then a system Sunday through Monday (should be mostly snow) followed by brutal cold next week. 

Tough call.  JB is leaning toward a snowier solution so we shall see.  Did see a pretty impressive map of the amount of snow one model thinks is happening through New Years.  Hope against hope to get some turns in Sunday morning after the rain and before the freeze locally, then lay low till next weekend and then go Max somewhere up north for New Years.  Wouldn't bother me one bit to miss the brutal cold.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • That cold next week will indeed be brutal....hope it moderates a bit in the next few iterations. Will be tough but will mean base lodges will be packed.
  • It's looking like 4 to 8 for Central/Southern VT Friday. Sleet on Saturday, and lots of snow Monday. Looks like a net gain and helpful for the holiday week.
  • mtsnow123 said:

It's looking like 4 to 8 for Central/Southern VT Friday. Sleet on Saturday, and lots of snow Monday. Looks like a net gain and helpful for the holiday week.

Just freaking cold after all passes through. Hope that creeps up to above zero...
  • mtsnow123 said:

It's looking like 4 to 8 for Central/Southern VT Friday. Sleet on Saturday, and lots of snow Monday. Looks like a net gain and helpful for the holiday week.

Just freaking cold after all passes through. Hope that creeps up to above zero...
    I hope. For me, colder sometimes the better. Keeps the crowds away and enjoy the woods with less wind exposure.
  • Trending a bit lighter and further North thus far today.... Going to be interesting to see if things enhance a bit later today/this evening or not.....  And if the more moderate snowfall wanted to wait until after I get almost all the way up to Mount Snow later this afternoon BEFORE pushing South into Mass, I'm 100% fine with that road conditions wise!!  ;))