in NELSAP Forum Posts: 2,246
Used to love the trip reports of this place
Pick a lost or temporarily lost area you would love to see back

If you can post a favorite pic of it
IMG_3220.JPG
640 x 480 - 125K

Comments

• bmwskierbmwskier expert
    I'd love to see two areas come back--  Norwich because I was too dumb not to take a lot of photos in the four years I was there and Blumont because i heard it was a lot of fun to ski. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • newmannewman advanced
    Hickory is scheduled to be open. It's listed on snocountry. BTW, I'm pretty sure that's Hickory in the photo.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Great pic of Hickory, and it is tops on my "wish it would come back" list. One of the best days of skiing I have ever had was there 6-7 years ago with my kids. Incredible place. I will make a pilgrimage this year if they open.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert

Great pic of Hickory, and it is tops on my "wish it would come back" list. One of the best days of skiing I have ever had was there 6-7 years ago with my kids. Incredible place. I will make a pilgrimage this year if they open.

I remember that trip report on sj1, the Poma rides
    Yea I stole the pic
    Sure wish there were reports of what Mystic Mt, Intermont, and Ironwood Ridge were like. The last two had closed before we started skiing as a family. :(( :(( :((

IBRAKE
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Saddleback, I fear it's not going to re open.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    sugarloaf said:

Saddleback, I fear it's not going to re open.

It certainly won't re-open with the Berry's.  I doubt it will open under the Majella Group.  The last, best hope is the Saddleback Mtn. Foundation.  Stay tuned.
    IMG_3221.JPG
    800 x 439 - 71K
  • coreshotcoreshot novice
    newman said:

Hickory is scheduled to be open. It's listed on snocountry. BTW, I'm pretty sure that's Hickory in the photo.

While the Snocountry status was updated 12/23, the fact that the only update to their Facebook page since last January has been to remove their hours of operation, and that their website is no longer operational, has me worried.
    IMG_3223.JPG
    504 x 334 - 98K
    ciscokid said:

Hickory!
  • coreshotcoreshot novice
    coreshot said:

newman said:

While the Snocountry status was updated 12/23, the fact that the only update to their Facebook page since last January has been to remove their hours of operation, and that their website is no longer operational, has me worried.
    Someone just posted on Hickory's Facebook asking if they planned on being open. Board member's husband responded that they don't plan on opening this year. :(
    coreshot said:

coreshot said:

newman said:

Someone just posted on Hickory's Facebook asking if they planned on being open. Board member's husband responded that they don't plan on opening this year. :(
    I can't imagine they could open on such short notice. No word of summer work, and the closing statement 2 years ago cited insurance costs among others leading to closure. Still would love to see it happen, but if the Board is saying no, I'd say it is hike-only for now. Really want to see it return though, and this current setup is perfect- good base and cold temps make surface lifts the way to go.