Viking Nordic Center, Londonderry, VT Dec 27 2017

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
edited December 2017 in Trip Reports Posts: 368
First time hitting up Viking, and quite glad that I did! They receive 10" of powder on Christmas, and everything was open, half the trails groomed. Viking has a lodge with a small cafe with homemade soups and sandwiches, a rental shop, and a warming hut. Most trails leave from the warming hut and fan out in a few directions.

I took a Norseman to Night Link to Viking to Pines - just beautiful in the woods, and hardly any other skiers. Made my way to Secret Meadows, which had a nice descent to the river, and nobody in site. Made my way back to the lodge via Boynton Run which meandered through the forest. After lunch took it easy and did the rest of the network behind the lodge. 10k skied. Great exercise, and didn't feel the cold at all, despite 12F and winds.

Highly recommend Viking for a classic Vermont Nordic experience. I've been enjoying mixing up Nordic and Downhill depending on weather, $$, conditions, and need for excercise.
wolf.jpg
960 x 540 - 133K
secret.jpg
960 x 540 - 73K
trail.jpg
540 x 960 - 119K
boynton.jpg
960 x 540 - 163K

Comments

• ski_itski_it expert
    Looks gorgeous! I love those long gradual descents they are so much fun. Someday...someday I've got to do more Nordic. Although, I did manage to get out in the yard Christmas for my obligatory 10 runs, just to shake the cobwebs off.  
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA