Ski Bradford 2017-2018

2»

Comments

• The warm weather and rain has melted a lot of snow and there are many thin patches, especially on the T-bar line. I don't know how much longer some trails will last.
    - Sam
  • The T-bar is done for the season without more snow at this point :(
    - Sam
  • Roger's Chute is now closed due to ice. Hopefully this snow will help.
    - Sam
  • Picked up about 6" or so, should make for some great skiing today
    - Sam
  • How were the crowds today after the new snow ??
  • MrMagic said:

How were the crowds today after the new snow ??

Couldn't say, I was up north
    - Sam
  • MrMagic said:

How were the crowds today after the new snow ??

My understanding is that Sunday 2/18 was the busiest day of the year for lessons.  It was a good sized skiing crowd but not as big as others such as on a race day.

I was there on Monday 2/19 and it was also a busy around mid-day but no real lift lines.

All trails are open now with a good base but they will have their work cut out for them to make it to mid-March with the upcoming blowtorch.

• It's a mess out there. Roger's Chute is closed again and many areas are looking very thin. Ice is showing up in large patches on all trails and the base area is a giant slush puddle.
    - Sam
  • I stopped by here on Monday night.  No liftlines but a better crowd than I expected for a drizzly night.  This is only my second time here and had a great time!  Things were getting slushy even over the course of the time I was there with large puddles forming at the base.

One thing I noticed is that the coverage on the trails were great with snow cover all the way across the trail, but the base depths didnt seem too deep.  I typically ski at Blue Hills and it seems their base depths are much deeper right now and may be able to handle this warm up a bit better.  On Big Blue they don't even bother making snow all the way across anymore in favor of deeper bases.  Being more inland possibly Bradford doesnt need the base depths that Blue Hills does?
  • Here's what it looked like today:image
    image.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 478K
    - Sam
  • More bare patches every day. If you like spring skiing, now's the time to come.
    - Sam
  • Terrain park area and chair are now closed. There is still surprisingly good cover on many open trails and there are lots of great discounts on lift tickets for the rest of the season.
    - Sam
  • Still hanging on here with decent cover. The rain will be tough, but we're hoping for another week. There are discounts every day and this Monday night is dollar night!
    - Sam
  • Currently closed due to the recent rain
    - Sam
  • Too bad. I planned to go for a handful of runs Mon night. One of the closest hills to home and I've only been once.
  • Power is back up! About 8" from the storm and everything is skiing very well. We were running on generator power yesterday, but power was restored overnight. Another possible storm is lined up for Tuesday so this looks like it'll be a great last week or two. Tickets are very cheap now, do there's no reason not to come.
    - Sam
  • After the recent storm:image
    image.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 542K
    - Sam
  • Huge crowds tonight for dollar night, it was probably the most crowded it's been all season. Things will be amazing after this storm!
    - Sam
  • Two feet of fresh! Get it while you can!
    - Sam
  • Everything is open again, they even reopened the park chair.
    - Sam
  • Snow is now hardpack, but with no ice in sight and excellent cover. Sunday is the planned closing day, but rumor is we may be open an extra weekend.
    - Sam
  • Closed midweek, may be open again next weekend
    - Sam
  • Bradford is now officially closed for the season
    - Sam