East coast storm, Jan. 4

Bill29Bill29 advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 314
The weather people are talking about a bombogenesis or cyclone bomb for the east coast. Heaviest predicted snow amounts in New England at noon Jan. 3 seem to be just inland from Cape Cod - 12 to 16 - and 6 to 8 through eastern and central New England. Lesser amounts are predicted for western New England. I've been looking for the map coordinates to see whether it will be 40 degrees north, 70 degrees east, which in the past has given us some beauties. You know that in Boston they'll think it's the end of the world. And I expect talk about the Blizzard of '78.

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Bill29 said:

The weather people are talking about a bombogenesis or cyclone bomb for the east coast.

Bill I'm a bit younger than you but, like you, old enough to remember when this sort of thing was simply called...a snow storm

;)

• mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    From reading the MRG Single Chair weather blog, it seems if this thing tracks 50 miles further west (already shifted 50 miles west already already, closer to Cape Cod), this could potentially be a 2 foot event for VT.
  • obienickobienick expert
    A cyclone bomb is a specific meteorological term for a rapidly intensifying storm. Nothing click bait about it.
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    Moving too fast so accumulation totals will be lower than most nor-easters, or bombs.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    Would be quite interesting to be on the Southern tip of Nova Scotia when this storm comes ashore tomorrow night!!  
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Maybe Alex has some bimbo genesis terminology like sketching
    I remember '78 well, it was even over my waist
    obienick said:

A cyclone bomb is a specific meteorological term for a rapidly intensifying storm. Nothing click bait about it.

It's also this

• TreillyTreilly advanced

obienick said:

It's also this

I would buy that car for the right price. They are pretty rare
    14-20 inches forecasted here in the North Shore.
    edited January 4 Posts: 1,318
    Treilly said:

I would buy that car for the right price. They are pretty rare

1968-69 models even the Cyclone bombs are big bucks! Don't know what engine that one has, doubt it's the big one. supposedly only ten remain with the 428

Last sale that I could find for a fully restored Cale Yarborough edition in the Wood Brothers paint scheme went $55k. If one came up for auction now I would guess it over $100k, can't imagine it selling for anything less. Although I suppose it depends on the pedigree of the car

they were dreadful in snow

;)

So far we have a over a foot and it's still a blizzard out there! Snow was falling so fast they had to shut down the chairlift at Bradford for around five minutes at so they could clear snow from the loading area.
    - Sam
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    12" here in Enfield. Going to ski Otis or preferably Blandford on Sunday if they ever open.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

17" in North Reading.
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    A bit over a foot at CM.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited January 7 Posts: 2,109
    14-19" here near the home of the New England Patriots
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA