Lifts with Loading Timing Lights

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 2,344
All three chairs at Bradford have a green light which flashes and a dinging noise when it's safe to proceed to the loading line. Does anyone know of any other lifts with this system? Notice the light to the left of the "lift closed" rope.

- Sam
image.jpeg
2592 x 1944 - 851K

Comments

• SnowmasterSnowmaster advanced
    I remember this setup at some of the Stadelis at Waterville, and the double doubles and ol' reliable at Attitash
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    Triple chair at Jiminy Peak
  • MrMagicMrMagic advanced
    Ski sundown use to have a red light and a green light at some of their chairs. Haven't seen them used in about 3 years now.
  • newmannewman advanced
    Not lights, but URSA at Flatten had gates that opened as a bell rang.
  • 4aprice4aprice advanced
    Ok, not a chairlift, not in the east, and actually not a light (there may have been one but I forget), but the best one I remember was a Poma lift at Aspen Highlands that had a wand, like a racers starting wand, and that released the poma which was taking off from you at really good clip.  Man, the slingshots on that thing had you airborne.  

A lot of places have the gates with the RFID.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    4aprice said:

Ok, not a chairlift, not in the east, and actually not a light (there may have been one but I forget), but the best one I remember was a Poma lift at Aspen Highlands that had a wand, like a racers starting wand, and that released the poma which was taking off from you at really good clip.  Man, the slingshots on that thing had you airborne.  

A lot of places have the gates with the RFID.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    IIRC the Snowdon Poma has the same start gate?
  • dgrohmandgrohman novice
    edited January 8 Posts: 2
    A "Green light, Red light" traffic system was used at Waterville Valley NH on the Northside double and the Sunnyside triple. It was a great way to control loading with chairs that were not slowed down like HSQ. The lights have not been used for many years. 
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    M2 at smuggs used to have a green light due to you entering in a semi blind spot.  I don't know if it is still there though.
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    1976 the double chair at Killington had a bell that told you to advance to load. seemed like that chair was moving at supersonic speed.  I don't know how long it was like that.  I had a hard time with that chair.  

• NJSkiNJSki advanced

1976 the double chair at Killington had a bell that told you to advance to load. seemed like that chair was moving at supersonic speed.  I don't know how long it was like that.  I had a hard time with that chair.  

That was one cold chair
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    I just got an email from Ski Area Magazine (SAM) advertising Reliable Racing Supply, which entails a LED strip on top of the safety bar to let the occupants of the chair know when to unload off the lift. Looks like they're based out of NY. www.reliableracing.com

I find it coincidental that we are discussing this topic on SJ and I get this email about when to lift safety bar.
  • TomWhiteTomWhite expert
    I copied n pasted the same email into a Word doc before seeing mtsnow's post. But it wouldn't post here. The text says most people raise the bar too soon. A photo shows the light on the underside of the unloading platform. That seems too late.

https://www.reliableracing.com/images/122617-saminfo-blast.png