What old center pole is this? Ciscokid SNOWMASS 1995 HIGH ALPINE +ELK CAMP

edited January 14 in NELSAP Forum
Sorry for the bad pic, and I mean old( areaoperating but lift was replaced)image

And what lift is this( Same area, was replaced)image
IMG_3363.JPG
320 x 240 - 50K
IMG_3365.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 918K

Comments

• Sun Valley
  • It's an old Riblet, it could have been anywhere.  Aspen had a ton of them 

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • Looks like the Roaring Fork Valley = Aspen. My guess is Snowmass.
  • LiftGuy said:

Looks like the Roaring Fork Valley = Aspen. My guess is Snowmass.

LiftGuy said:

Looks like the Roaring Fork Valley = Aspen. My guess is Snowmass.

Bingo our western correspond it chimes in with the victorious answer it was high Alpine and elk camp circa 1995 January
  • A highimage
    IMG_3462.JPG
    320 x 240 - 50K
  • I rode this about ten years ago. Like many out west there's no safety bar, but it never goes high above the ground, nor is it steep.
  • edited January 14
    ciscokid said:

A highimage

ciscokid said:

Aspen Highlands did not have center pole riblets.  They had the outside pole type.  Still many of them did not have safety bars.  The Loges Peak double did though.  

ciscokid said:

The center poles were on the Aspen Skiing Corporation mountains. (Highlands was once independent) .  As far as steep, High Alpine was pretty steep at the bottom.  That was a great area for bumps.  Campground was steep, as was the bottom of Big Burn but those 2 had safety bars and foot rests due to the length of the ride (about 15 min for both).  FIS over on Ajax was pretty steep with out a bar.  1A is not a center pole riblet, but is super steep without a bar.  

ciscokid said:

Alex

ciscokid said:

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ciscokid said:

ciscokid said:

• Sorry Alex I don't remember safety bars or not, I just rewatched the video I took from Snowmass 1/95 and spotted the center pole when I said on the video we are the top of high alpine and then elk camp.

I thought it would be a good guess question for those that may have skied SMass in years past. I have admitted poor picture.

The other pic obviously is from A Highlands

I have video of skiing down Powderhorn at SMass which used to be single black but they upgraded to double. It had plenty of moguls
  • I do remember Highlands had just installed the high speeds ( 2) to summit
  • Crystal has the same kind of lift but it doesn’t run much anymore and they don’t even show the name of it on their trail map image
    A10D633A-4602-4FBC-A511-80327EF835D0.jpeg
    1708 x 1002 - 634K
  • edited January 14
  • Elk camp was replaced the summer after we were thereto high speed Poma quad

http://www.skilifts.org/old/images/resort_images/co-snowmass/elkcamp/elkcamp.htm