Whatever happened to Ski Ledouche? And other memorable snowjournalists

ciscokidciscokid expert
edited January 20 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,994
Remember that character? And weedywart
Amongst others
All these French trip reports brought back memories of Ladouche
Waiting for the arrival of one of snowjournals charter members ( Ibrake4tbars)brings up memories of yesteryear on sj1.

What fond memories can you conjure up ?

Some of these guys had me in stitches

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    SLD was by far my favorite... the others got too snarky and dug in too hard to their anti-Magic or anti-Cannon or "ski area" versus "place to ski" pulpits for my taste. SLD was just plain funny. Likely just someone puttin' us on, but was entertaining.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Don't remember SLD
    I Missdaeast
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    edited January 20 Posts: 255
    ciscokid said:

Don't remember SLD

If I recall correctly, Ski LaDouche's first post went something like this:

"Hi American buddies!  I am happy to welcome myself to your little corner of the internet"
    Sorry way past my bedtime waiting for the dynamic duo to arrive to the Cisco ranch
    Couldn't even figure what sld was in my own titled thread
    Hope I can ski tomm
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Maybe I'm just boring, but I like this forum because the commentary is friendly, polite and intelligent.  I do not miss any of the characters mentioned above.  If one likes that sort of thing, it's available on Alpine Zone.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert

Maybe I'm just boring, but I like this forum because the commentary is friendly, polite and intelligent.  I do not miss any of the characters mentioned above.  If one likes that sort of thing, it's available on Alpine Zone.

Agreed, though SLD was not spewing bile, just funny stuff
  • catamount82catamount82 novice
    Ski-La-douche was genuinely funny. Haven't seen sledhaulingmedic here in a while. Hopefully he's riding a T-bar eating an eclair  somewhere.

Ski-La-douche was genuinely funny. Haven't seen sledhaulingmedic here in a while. Hopefully he's riding a T-bar eating an eclair  somewhere.

I don't think sledhaulingmedic (Ned) ever joined SJ2.0.  He patrolled at CM for a number of years but haven't seen him for a very long time.
  • marcskimarcski advanced
    SLD was funny. Wasn't he also the monoskier?
    Forgiveme but didn't Ned Boll pass?
    I'm sorry after getting whacked by the Sun Valley original Hemlock chair dismounting with Ibrake4tbars

Trip report soon
    edited January 21 Posts: 1,998
    ciscokid said:

I'm sorry after getting whacked by the Sun Valley original Hemlock chair dismounting with Ibrake4tbars

Trip report soon

Wow!  I had not heard that, but a check of Ned's linked-in page (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ned-bolle-rn-emt-p-3302a03a) shows that it has not been updated recently.  That being said, I could not find an obit.  Anybody know anything more?
  • jaytremjaytrem intermediate
    ciscokid said:

Unfortunately I seem to recall that also.
  • ChrisChris intermediate
    sledhaulingmedic (Ned) is very much alive ... I communicated with him a few days ago.  You may be thinking of Brian O. who passed ... I hate to think about it, but we've lost a few good SJ friends over the years.
    Which of our SJ friends have passed on? Hopefully this isn’t too morbid a list but it might be nice to remember those that once contributed to this board.

IBRAKE
    Sorry Sled
    You da eclair man
  • jaytremjaytrem intermediate
    Chris said:

sledhaulingmedic (Ned) is very much alive ... I communicated with him a few days ago.  You may be thinking of Brian O. who passed ... I hate to think about it, but we've lost a few good SJ friends over the years.

Good to hear that Chris. I'm thinking of somebody else who I'm pretty sure was a patroller. Sorry Ned, my bad, but glad to hear your still with us.

I'll ski run for Brian today, along with the others we've lost (at Jack Frost).
    Chris said:

... I hate to think about it, but we've lost a few good SJ friends over the years.

I think SJ is about 15 years old, maybe more.  The actuarial tables, unfortunately, are working against us :-(

• ChrisChris intermediate
    SJ is 18 years old ... we started in late 1999
  • catamount82catamount82 novice
    Anyone heard from Woodcore? Will always remember and revisit his trip report to Bobcat during their last year of ops.
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced

Anyone heard from Woodcore? Will always remember and revisit his trip report to Bobcat during their last year of ops.

Ditto Catamount.  I reread that TR several times and enjoyed his posts.

Woody

He posted very few times here recently
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited February 1 Posts: 1,926

Hmm I can't find any. And u said the same on this similar thread and he ain't on there either...

http://snowjournal.nplas.com/discussion/comment/5550/#Comment_5550

although someone says somewhere he's(she's?) over on AZ

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA