Longest Chairlift Ride in the world - Cranmore, NH

Comments

• When in doubt, push them out.
  • Puts a new perspective on the expression, "hang in there!"

To be sure, lift attending is a boring job.  Over the years I've seen many bull-wheel riders and overheard one person saying, "The lift attendant came out of the top shack. The smell of grass was so strong that I had the munchies by the time I reached the bottom of the hill."  In many cases, lift attendants work long shifts with few (in some cases, no) breaks.  Some have bottles to pee in if their bladder gives out before their break comes.  

On one occasion, a lift attendant called me over (I worked at the area and he knew me) and said, "please watch the lift for me while I take a pee." I said, "What do I do?"  He said, "If anything goes wrong, hit this button if it's not serious and another button if it is."  If the lift stops for any reason, just wait for me to return.  He was gone for a minute or two and nothing happened while he was gone. 

Never-the-less, I never fail to be amazed at how nice and personable most lift attendants are, considering how low-paying a job it is.
  • "An older skier.....age 63"

That's harsh! I guess I'm in imminent danger of being called that too.
  • "An older skier.....age 63"

That's harsh! I guess I'm in imminent danger of being called that too.
    To which comment are you referring?