Ski games

Hey gang!

So I know several months back I asked about skiing memorabilia, books etc for a man cave. I cant remember correctly but I believe at one point somebody had shared a skiing tabletop game or at least the idea for one. Do you guys know of any other ski related board games, pc games etc that I could put on display? Thanks! Looks like a shot at some snow Saturday after this warm up breaks late tm night.
~Rich~

Comments

• There used to be a skiing game back in the IBM PC days or there abouts called Ski Free.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • There's a board game called First Tracks. I'll have to dig it out of the closet.
  • Ski Resort Tycoon for the PC
  • Ski free is a classic, I'm looking for the actual box sets. be neat to put them in a display case. I enjoy PC gaming so would be a different way to show off some ski memorabilia. 
    ~Rich~
  • watch out for the abominable snowman!

~Rich~
  • The ultimate man cave ski game would be Namco's Super Alpine Racer... the arcade game where you would stand on planks and tilt them to turn. Only $10k! 
  • jgreco said:

The ultimate man cave ski game would be Namco's Super Alpine Racer... the arcade game where you would stand on planks and tilt them to turn. Only $10k! 

might need to to win the lottery  ;))
    ~Rich~
  • For far less than Namco's Super Alpine Racer. I would suggest getting the Wii Ski game. I think if you use the Wii balance board, and a big screen TV, it is just as good.

If you are setting up a Man cave, I am sure you already have a TV, so the rest of this should be minimal cost. Look on Amazon or EBay

Wii console:$65

Wii Balance Board: $39

Wii Ski, or Wii Ski and Snowboard: $22

So for $125 you are set. I have spent hours at a time playing this game, and you can have up to 4 players on the slopes at the same time without the balance board. The technology was so far ahead of it's time when it came out, that it doesn't feel old now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA5rAnkhz6Q

• NJSki said:

For far less than Namco's Super Alpine Racer. I would suggest getting the Wii Ski game. I think if you use the Wii balance board, and a big screen TV, it is just as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA5rAnkhz6Q

I miss this game. Haven't played it in forever. One of the most enjoyably mellow video games I've ever played. 

Modern ski games I'd add to the list include Steep for console and SNOW for PC (Steam... also on PS4). It's still in Beta, but super fun to play. Both are open world, but I feel like SNOW has more exploration options. 
  • For only about $1500 you can pick up a Wipe Out pinball machine...

Perfect for the man cave!!!
  • edited February 15
    The sports illustrated ski trail circular jigsaw puzzle from the 60s is pretty darn cool, about a $30 item on ebay

• Has there ever been a ski management simulation game? Like Roller Coaster Tycoon or such? I remember a train game that allowed you to put in a ski area but that's it.

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • bmwskier said:

Has there ever been a ski management simulation game? Like Roller Coaster Tycoon or such? I remember a train game that allowed you to put in a ski area but that's it.

I believe there was, although the name of it escapes me at the moment.
  • Years ago my buddy had a board game called, Le Ski Game. I can't seem to find anything about it online. I'll see if he can snap a few pictures for us.
  • edited February 20
    bmwskier said:

Has there ever been a ski management simulation game? Like Roller Coaster Tycoon or such? I remember a train game that allowed you to put in a ski area but that's it.

Ski Resort Tycoon
  • Wow! Just look at all those ski games
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Checked out the video and it looks old, but pretty cool. Be nice if there was an updated version. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • bmwskier said:

Checked out the video and it looks old, but pretty cool. Be nice if there was an updated version. 

It was old when it was new