Public Opening of the New England Ski Museum - Eastern Slope Branch, N. Conway, NH Sat 24th at 3pm

All, I hope you can attend the public opening of the New England Ski Museum's opening of the Eastern Slope Branch, this Sat, the 24th at 3PM. This is right next to the train station. More details at:

Museum Opening

The exhibits are amazing...and we even have a Lost Ski Areas exhibit!

Jeremy

Comments

• edited February 22
    Ya didn't give us much notice. ;) Not that it would have helped in my case.
    Also 3-5 don't give much time apres-ski to get there unless you're at Cranmore. Well there's always this fall.

That was a quick turnaround on getting that building ready. It should generate much more foot traffic than the Cannon location. Volunteers, donors, etc great job!

I hope they plan to keep the yearly exhibit at Bretton going too. I enjoy them,
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited February 27
    Great event, place was mobbed! Jeremy's lost ski area thing is fantastic.  Overall very interesting exhibits and even if you've been to the one at cannon this is a must-visit.

Here's Jeremy with the lost ski area finder.  You can start by sliding the timeline, zoom in on specific regions, then tap for more info and photos.  It's awesome.  All touch screen...

Here's the Bousquet rope tow grip device and interpretive signage, Jeremy tells me that Woody's dad was the model!  The Bousquet gripper is the one with the rope.

museum1.jpg
    720 x 540 - 248K
    museum2.jpg
    797 x 677 - 321K
    museum3.jpg
    630 x 614 - 222K

• That's good to hear about the crowds. I'm dying to go
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA