Best halfday rates

Let's make a list of the best halfday rates - ones where there is a signficant difference between full day and half. I.e., not a major mountain that charges $110 for a full day and $102 for a half.

Or, ones that have special Sunday afternoon rates.

JD

Comments

• I think you might find that a lot of places don't even sell 1/2 day tickets anymore.  I remember not too many seasons ago we were looking for a place for a 1/2 day and not every mountain had them.  We ended up at Cannon because they did.  I should note that, that was a Saturday as well, Sunday may be a different story.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • Bouquet does a Sunday special. I think it's 25 for a full day.
  • Seemed like a lot of places on my Western NY trip had 4 hour and 8 hour passes available.  Nice when you can show up any time and get 8 hours in, especially when places open at 9 on weekdays.  I think the difference in price varied a lot by resort, didn't look that close.  Saved about $5 on the last day since we only planned to ski til noonish and rain was on the way.  Made sure we were booted up and ready to go before buying the tix that day though.  
  • I think that in a world of HS Detachable lifts, a whole day of skiing is doable in 3 hours.  Half day tickets that were priced substantially below the whole day price would not make economic sense for these areas.

I suspect that as ski areas are going to multiple area deals and amusement park pricing, more and more people are buying the multi-area passes and/or season passes rendering the half-day question moot.
  • edited February 22
    Sorry JD not doing exactly what you asked for...you can weed them out in a summary perhaps.

Wildcat/Attitash 12pm $64 $51 sr or jr. vs $85 reg 
    Crotchet 1-5pm $50 vs $69 reg

Edit: I'm going to add to my list here. Weekend/holiday rates only.

McIntyre $32 9am-2pm or 1-6pm vs $38 reg
    S6 - $68 after 12:30pm  vs $72 reg.  Although they have J bar ticket only $15
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • MRG does 12-4 halfday. $59

I think they are $39 all day today with only practice slope chair running.
  • Mt Snow Sunday Afternoon (non-holiday) is $39. It's $84 any other afternoon. 
  • Cannon's is $55 (vs $77 for full day)

Cranmore has probably the most useful half day rate. It's a "4-hr" ticket where the clock starts ticking when you purchase. So unlike a traditional half-day you can use it in the morning, mid day, afternoon, or even into the evening on Saturdays when they are open until 8pm. Cost is $69 vs $75. So not the cheapest, but the flexibility counts for a lot in my opinion. I wish more places would do things like this.
  • Ski catamount 5 bucks off starting in morning insted of afternoon.  This is great cause you can get the good snow in morning less crowds, better grooming.  Also catamount not the greatest at monitoring tickets so you could easily ski all day on the ticket.
  • This is right from Caberfae Peaks web page

The perfect family, winter activity kicks off in January, with the “Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month.”  Sundays in January*, February* & March are Family Fun-Day Sundays. Caberfae Peaks invites all families to spend some time on the slopes and learn to ski & snowboard together.  Package includes lift tickets, ski or snowboard rentals and a beginner group lesson for a family of three from 3 pm to close for only $59.   Additional family members are only $15 each.  Must have coupon to qualify for discount.
  • Elk Mountain PA deserves some mention here, full day weekend is $67 and discounts are hard to come by

4 hr morning ticket or 4 hr afternoon ticket is $47

• edited February 24
    I remember Wildcat afternoons on Sunday were like 2 for $40 back in '05. I remember acting like the "big money car salesman" and said" don't worry I got it" to my kid brother and father of five. It was just him and I and it was a great experience at wildcat with the superior views . Laughed at him on his butt with his one piece Carhartt on his snowboard on the ice.

I do I have to give credit to Boyne mountain for their Sunday afternoon matinee of $25 from noon to 430 which is a super value considering you pay $95 for a full day Saturday

Shows Sunday Funday currently $30 so still a good deal after noon 13 years later at Wildcat

https://www.skiwildcat.com/deals/
  • skizilla said:

Ski catamount 5 bucks off starting in morning insted of afternoon.  This is great cause you can get the good snow in morning less crowds, better grooming.  Also catamount not the greatest at monitoring tickets so you could easily ski all day on the ticket.

They have the best midweek prices IMO.
    $20.00 for a full day of skiing.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• As recently as last year, Black Mountain (NH) had $17 Wednesday afternoons beginning at 12:30, but I don't see it mentioned on their website anymore. 
  • sugarloaf said:

skizilla said:

Ski catamount 5 bucks off starting in morning insted of afternoon.  This is great cause you can get the good snow in morning less crowds, better grooming.  Also catamount not the greatest at monitoring tickets so you could easily ski all day on the ticket.

They have the best midweek prices IMO.

$20.00 for a full day of skiing.

Would like to see a trip pictured report of the 2 state area w its antiquated lifts

• Not really a great 1/2 day versus full day rate, but for Dartmouth Skiway, the Full day non-holiday rate is $31. On Monday and Tuesday, they run a special for $20 for the full day rate.
  • Mentioned elsewhere, at Alta you can get a $10 ticket for the Sunnyside triple (800+ vertical), good any day for 3-4:30 PM only.  You can get a season pass for that lift/time for $35!
  • Don't forget Liftopia!
  • Not really a great 1/2 day versus full day rate, but for Dartmouth Skiway, the Full day mid-week non-holiday rate is $31. On Monday and Tuesday, they run a special for $20 for the full day rate.
    Fixed it for you. :)

Dartmouth is a great option since even their holiday rates are less than many areas half day rates.

Cannon had some really good half day rates early season... I think it was $30 half day or something half day during their first two weeks open? Half day isn't a good option early season normally, but I took advantage of that on a warmer day when the snow was soft.
  • Loon Mt. Sunday 12-4:00 $46. none holiday