Boyne Mtn,Mi 2/24/18

Day 2 of our trip took us to Boyne Mtn. The forecast was much better today, cloudy to start and becoming sunny by noon.Due to the rain and going below freezing Friday night the snow was very hard packed and almost icy when we got on the hill. We made a number of runs for a couple of hours and decided to go in for lunch around 11 to avoid the crowd. the good part was while we were in for lunch the sun came out  and softened the snow up. The lift lines were long at times,but it's a Saturday at one of Michigan's busiest ski areas. We still got a lot of turns in.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

To top the day off we got to ride in a groomer for an hour and 15 mins.
imageimage

We were going to go to Caberfae Peaks on Sunday and use our season pass, but the 30-50mph winds caused us to take a pass and just head home. Over all it was a great way to spend two days with your kid. There is nothing like skiing with your kid when they have the same passion for skiing that you do.
IMG_2405.JPG
640 x 480 - 97K
IMG_2406.JPG
640 x 480 - 77K
IMG_2407.JPG
640 x 480 - 75K
IMG_2408.JPG
640 x 480 - 80K
IMG_2409.JPG
640 x 480 - 155K
IMG_2410.JPG
640 x 480 - 104K
IMG_2412.JPG
640 x 480 - 136K
IMG_2413.JPG
640 x 480 - 117K
IMG_2414.JPG
640 x 480 - 137K
IMG_2415.JPG
640 x 480 - 167K
IMG_2416.JPG
640 x 480 - 147K
IMG_2417.JPG
640 x 480 - 157K
IMG_2418.JPG
640 x 211 - 49K
IMG_2419.JPG
640 x 480 - 133K
IMG_2420.JPG
640 x 480 - 144K
IMG_2429.JPG
640 x 480 - 63K
IMG_2431.JPG
640 x 480 - 75K

Comments

• Here is Megan and myself going down Devils Dive
  • Scary to see the GS training so close to snow gun towers without any b-net. Those pads do little if you hit them at GS speed.
  • Glad to dad and daughter enjoying one of Michigans best for her first time there and riding a groomer too ,really cool!

Your having a good diverse ski season Ted!

• Looking forward to skiing Boyne again - and THIS time, also the Highlands and Nubs Nob!

We’all have to get the Snowjournal Ski Slobs gang back together again for another ski weekend next year, don’t you think, Ciscokid? ;)) ;)) ;))

IBRAKE
  • My door is always open but if I had to guess Conrad is one and done.

Absolutely but we will have to clean up our act lol

I will be doing Nubs or Shanty Creek this Sunday after a splash filled day at Avalanche Bay waterpark at Boyne mtn Saturday
  • Looking forward to skiing Boyne again - and THIS time, also the Highlands and Nubs Nob!

We’all have to get the Snowjournal Ski Slobs gang back together again for another ski weekend next year, don’t you think, Ciscokid? ;)) ;)) ;))

IBRAKE

I would in for getting together again and this time I wasn’t to actually ski with I Brake
  • great report thanks for sharing with us!

• Well the idea was extended from Mr. Reilly that the Midwest no journal gang venture slightly east word in honor of Ibrake4tbars to holiday Valley New York next winter. So the idea is out there and we are planning to put it in practice for those from the east who might want to venture somewhere west to holiday Valley New York next year.
  • A Holiday Valley weekend works for me! Ellicotville is a ski town with many restaurants. Shoot, if the gang stays through Monday there’s public skiing at Holimont, the private ski hill in the downtown!
  • Holimont has a tbar line for uphill skinning only
    Ibrake4tbars explain the history?
    Looks like 2 areas close worthy of a couple/ few vacation days
    What about Peek n peek?
    Wow good thing I'm skiing Sunday at Nubs or Shanty Creek or Boyne, these western New York areas are intriguing and I must study up.

Isn't Holliday V the place that's in the top ten in the mag ratings that irks our NE brothers?( and sisters)
  • ciscokid said:

Holimont has a tbar line for uphill skinning only
    Ibrake4tbars explain the history?
    Looks like 2 areas close worthy of a couple/ few vacation days
    What about Peek n peek?
    Wow good thing I'm skiing Sunday at Nubs or Shanty Creek or Boyne, these western New York areas are intriguing and I must study up.

Isn't Holliday V the place that's in the top ten in the mag ratings that irks our NE brothers?( and sisters)

HV most certainly is the one that’s in the top ten in mag ratings!

Yes, both Holiday Valley and Holimont are within Ellicotville and are very close to one another. Peak-N-Peak I don’t think is all that far away but has a much smaller vertical (400 versus 750) and I don’t think has the challenge like HV. It’s perfect for beginners.

One year the gang should also do a Central NY skipalooza and hit up my old stomping grounds: Labrador and Song Mt. Shoot, we’ll even throw in a visit to two private clubs: Skaneateles Ski Club and the Cazenovia Ski Club. Both have private hills and are Hall t-Bar only! The real history buffs among us will want to visit the lost CNY areas: Mystic Mt, Ironwood Ridge, and Intermont.

IBRAKE
  • One step at a time my friend unless you can sell an old car salesman on making a week of it !
  • I am sitting here wondering why I cannot get a single soul to do an upper peninsula trip with me here in the next week or two. I got this white gold card burning a hole in my pocket and I'm afraid to go by myself for fear of injury à la I break for t bars and Ciscokid exiting on the Hemlock double. But I am looking at some more pictures of Whitecap Wisconsin and I just don't know what to do could you help spur me on please?
  • imageimageimage
    IMG_3856.JPG
    960 x 643 - 89K
    IMG_3857.JPG
    960 x 720 - 57K
    IMG_3858.JPG
    643 x 960 - 99K
  • ciscokid said:

I am sitting here wondering why I cannot get a single soul to do an upper peninsula trip with me here in the next week or two. I got this white gold card burning a hole in my pocket and I'm afraid to go by myself for fear of injury à la I break for t bars and Ciscokid exiting on the Hemlock double. But I am looking at some more pictures of Whitecap Wisconsin and I just don't know what to do could you help spur me on please?

If my situation was different,I would have gone with you. Like I told you in 2020 things for me will be different

• A Holiday Valley weekend works for me! Ellicotville is a ski town with many restaurants. Shoot, if the gang stays through Monday there’s public skiing at Holimont, the private ski hill in the downtown!

The Gin Mill is a great place after a day on the slopes
  • ciscokid said:

I am sitting here wondering why I cannot get a single soul to do an upper peninsula trip with me here in the next week or two. I got this white gold card burning a hole in my pocket and I'm afraid to go by myself for fear of injury à la I break for t bars and Ciscokid exiting on the Hemlock double. But I am looking at some more pictures of Whitecap Wisconsin and I just don't know what to do could you help spur me on please?

just do it!  

• edited March 4
    Boyne mountain 3/3/18imageimageimageimageimageimage
    IMG_3912.JPG
    320 x 240 - 58K
    IMG_3911.JPG
    320 x 240 - 49K
    IMG_3909.JPG
    320 x 240 - 61K
    IMG_3908.JPG
    320 x 240 - 50K
    IMG_3907.JPG
    320 x 240 - 47K
    IMG_3906.JPG
    320 x 240 - 42K
  • edited March 4
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

IMG_3922.JPG
    320 x 240 - 34K
    IMG_3920.JPG
    320 x 240 - 36K
    IMG_3919.JPG
    320 x 240 - 59K
    IMG_3918.JPG
    320 x 240 - 89K
    IMG_3917.JPG
    320 x 240 - 71K
    IMG_3916.JPG
    320 x 240 - 44K
    IMG_3914.JPG
    320 x 240 - 56K
    IMG_3912.JPG
    320 x 240 - 58K
    IMG_3913.JPG
    320 x 240 - 58K
    IMG_3921.JPG
    320 x 240 - 57K
  • Labrador, Song?  Caz near Chittenago Falls?  Skan Ski Club near Otisco?  I'm drooling.  I used to spend HOURS at Labrador open to close sometimes and that was before the merger and the hours got curtailed.  When I was in high school I drove my 1990 Dodge Spirit OVER Mystic Mountain.  Almost thought I was going to get it stuck...that would've been bad!

RAH
  • Labrador, Song?  Caz near Chittenago Falls?  Skan Ski Club near Otisco?  I'm drooling.  I used to spend HOURS at Labrador open to close sometimes and that was before the merger and the hours got curtailed.  When I was in high school I drove my 1990 Dodge Spirit OVER Mystic Mountain.  Almost thought I was going to get it stuck...that would've been bad!

RAH

Then I probably shouldn’t bring up the giant chocolate chip cookies for sale in the main lodge at Lab, either!
    :D

IBRAKE