Western NY trip report: Day 1 Belleayre 02/03/18

jaytremjaytrem advanced
in Trip Reports Posts: 131
Well I told Cisco I would do a trip report, here goes, it's my first one so bear with me.

Upon realizing my twin 6 year olds could ski almost everywhere in western NY for free, I decided this was the year to go.  So on Sat Feb 3rd my wife headed to the Dominican Republic and we headed to Belleayre.  This would be the only non-new place for me on the trip, but I'm a bit of a lift geek, so was excited for new gondola.  Skiing was so-so that day, bit slick all over, but still a good time.  New gondola fit in better than I pictured, getting from upper mountain to it's base wasn't bad at all.  Good crowd that day, only long lines were at the HSQ, gondola was maybe 5 minute most of the day.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pics that day, but at least I did at every other place.  

After skiing we headed to Binghampton.  The girls love the NJ Devils, and their farm team moved to Binghampton this year.  As luck would have it they were home that night, and even better it was skate with the team night.  So rather than ski pics, I'll have to start with a couple hockey pics, my apologies.
1121 x 1992 - 788K
2125 x 1196 - 966K

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Cute girls Jay, looking forward to getting some pink on the slopes next year w my granddaughter turning 3 in June.
    Boy them hockey players look like kids.
    Looking forward to Holiday Valley report with some pictures. And Holimont. Where else did you ski?
  • jaytremjaytrem advanced
    Thanks, Bristol is next.  Then Swain, Holimont, Holiday Valley, Hunt Hollow, Four Seasons, Labrador, Song, Toggenburg.