Any ski areas, open or closed, visible from Vail?

edited March 2 in NELSAP Forum
I was dreaming/drooling/imagining about skiing Vail last evening so I watched a ski.com video about Vail on YouTube. It looks like a lost ski area can be seen down a valley; curious if that’s what it is or is it a part of Beaver Creek?

IBRAKE

Comments

• Meadow Mtn,  btwn Vail and Beaver Creek.  Vail bought it and closed it down decades ago.  Now a snow play area.
  • That might not be what I saw. It looks a lot larger than 500 vertical feet. Here’s the video link. Any ideas?
  • You can see it right there in the distance.
  • Blue sky basin past back bowls?
  • Yep. Blue Sky Basin. You must have missed the sign at the top. From the top of the Mongolia T Bar you can see Copper Mountain.
  • edited March 2
    Picture follows...
  • Trying again...would be nice to have better choices than 'edit'...

Blue Sky.JPG
    1544 x 1160 - 302K
  • That looks really fantastic: all natural glades and meadows!
  • I remember talk/print one time of a proposed private ski area/housing development south of Minturn/Red Cliff on old mining co land.....will see if I can find more.....If I remember right, proposed name, Battle Mtn.
  • flbski said:

I remember talk/print one time of a proposed private ski area/housing development south of Minturn/Red Cliff on old mining co land.....will see if I can find more.....If I remember right, proposed name, Battle Mtn.

Never developed, land on market for just shy of $20M
  • Lots to google on Battle Mtn......nothings gotten off the ground......

• flbski said:

I remember talk/print one time of a proposed private ski area/housing development south of Minturn/Red Cliff on old mining co land.....will see if I can find more.....If I remember right, proposed name, Battle Mtn.

flbski said:

Buy Bousquet , a lot cheaper. And Whitecap Wisconsin for $2 mill, a lot of cash leftover
    Doggone it Woody why is your name so hard to spell?
  • edited March 5

Blue Sky Basin it is

• In the foreground is China Bowl. A great place for an advanced intermediate to wear out their legs skiing around the Bowl over to the top of Tea Cup Lift