edited March 6 in Trip Reports
imageimageimage
IMG_6883.JPG
2016 x 1512 - 626K
IMG_6872.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 581K
IMG_6871.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 667K
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

• Again,  knowing that ski_it has a Peak Pass and he was at Jack Frost on 3/3, a reasonable guess would be Big Boulder.
  • edited March 5

Again,  knowing that ski_it has a Peak Pass and he was at Jack Frost on 3/3, a reasonable guess would be Big Boulder.

Agree ,been a long time since I was there , in the late 80s getting my daughter a free lesson sponsored by Jeep
  • edited March 5
    By the way: If it is Big Boulder, ski_it becomes the first person I know to ever ski all of the areas on the Peak Resorts pass in one season (since they have grown it to 7 areas).
  • By the way: If it is Big Boulder, ski_it becomes the first person I know to ever ski all of the areas on the Peak Resorts pass in one season (since they have grown it to 7 areas).

It is, but not so fast...I have not and never have skied Hunter. Sounds like a challenge?

14 of 16 trails, 4 of 8 lifts, 18" new snow in 48 hrs, packed powder, 27-31 degrees, mostly sunny, windy with the wind straight up the slope, 475 vertical. No bumps.The closed trails were for a big air event which I never saw running. People poached the 2 trails all day. The parking lot looked full but most lifts were ski on or a short wait. Several terrain parks and the"closed" trail had huge kickers on it. We asked several workers why won't they open the trail and were met with blank stares. The upper liftie said, "I won't say anything and be safe."
    We skied all 16 runs before lunch in 11 runs. Manged 25 runs 8.8k for the day.Similar layout to JF as to all the runs are connected at the top and the better runs are at the east end. In the third pic u can see the Pocono Raceway.
    After drove down Rt 512 to Bethlehem and there were hundreds of fur trees down. On homes, roads, power lines, blocking drive ways. There many refugees in hotels. Looks like a hurricane came thru. image
    IMG_6869.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 862K
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_it said:

By the way: If it is Big Boulder, ski_it becomes the first person I know to ever ski all of the areas on the Peak Resorts pass in one season (since they have grown it to 7 areas).

It is, but not so fast...I have not and never have skied Hunter. Sounds like a challenge?

We're counting on you!
  • edited March 7
    I first skied Huntah '76 or '77, big compared to VVGG, first ever high speed I ever rode'88

Big boulder has a lot of history, don't remember being impressed back in the day.

Stopped by JF a few years back, skied it in late 80s , loved the upside down.

Thanks for reviving memories Ski_it!
  • Has anyone else ever skied Split Rock?  It's been closed for a long time. It is between Big Boulder and Jack Frost.
  • I used to look at SR when the ski reps had the indoor part of the trade shows there.   Pretty tiny....made JF/BB look big.