Storm totals 3/7-8

Post them here.

Storm expected to start midday 3/7 in CVT

Comments

• Calling for 10-16 inches here. CNY
    ~Rich~
  • Cats going to get crushed again
    ~Rich~
  • Any where from 3 on the Estern shore line of CT to over a foot up by Mohawk ski area North West corner.
  • 6-10 on ground in CVT with more due in the next 48 hrs
  • Only 8" at Hunter so the forecast was a little off.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited March 8
    5pm yesterday
    Looks like the Berkshires, southern VT and eastern NY got the goods.
    Mt Snow 27, Stratton 29 etc etc
    IMG_6921.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 501K
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • The owner of the cross country ski facility on the grounds of my condo complex at Mount Snow is reporting 34" this morning, and one of my neighbors posted a yardstick picture of his back deck reading 31" this morning.... My condo compex is roughly 250 feet above the base of Mount Snow for reference....
  • 3 or so inches just south of Burlington Vt. Boo. Glad the mountains got more!
  • Only 3" up here in Milton, VT. I know southern parts of the state got more, but damn I was hoping for an actual snowstorm. :)
  • edited March 8
    Mohawk Mtn: 24"
    Ski Sundown: 12"
    Powder Ridge:13"
    Catamount: 21-24"
    Otis Ridge: 18-20"
    Butternut: 18"
    Berkshire East: 16"
    Magic Mtn: 25-27"
    Ragged Mtn: 12"
    Killington: 12"
    MRG: 6"
    Bromley: 20"
    Wachusett: 16"

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• edited March 8
    Jiminy Peak - 24"
    Whaleback - 16"
  • 10.5" of concrete here in Enfield

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Lincoln, NH (Loon) 6"
    Franconia, NH (Cannon) 5"

Noon 3/8:  Just got back from Cannon and just finished shoveling driveway in Lincoln.  The totals listed above were from overnight and haven't really changed much.  It's continued to snow off and on all day, but it's also continued to warm up and consolidate.  Any new snow right now is melting as it hits pavement. 

• edited March 9
    Prospect XC reporting 35". I would guess Dutch Hill is pretty close to that. 

Skied Jiminy last night, can confirm 24". Couldn't resist ducking the rope onto Whirlaway. One of the better runs of my life. Thank you, March!
  • edited March 8
    Mt. Snow reported 27" this AM with more still falling.

Blue Hills reopened today but they don't seem to have a conditions page.

Nashoba reporting 12"; they too reopened.

Bradford closed. Ward reopening this weekend.
  • I'm skiing Berkshire East tomorrow as its my son's last night of ski club for the season. I'm going for the day and I'll meet up with him in the afternoon. Should be excellent skiing conditions and soft groomer.

• obienick said:

Mt. Snow reported 27" this AM with more still falling.

Blue Hills reopened today but they don't seem to have a conditions page.

Nashoba reporting 12"; they too reopened.

Bradford closed. Ward reopening this weekend.
    Mount Snow is now up to 33", and it's still snowing lightly!

My Facebook page has been plastered with tons of DEEP snow pictures from my Mount Snow friends who are either up there just trying to dig their way out of their places or on the hill skiing
  • I hope to see a few more pictures like marks here I don't think he would Mind putting his picture out there go out and get some goods boys and girls and share the wealth by pictures pleaseimage
    IMG_4040.JPG
    726 x 800 - 152K
    IMG_4040.JPG
    726 x 800 - 152K
  • Snowing hard again south of Burlington...thinking Sugarbush and MRG are picking up some more goods. Bring on the upslope machine!
  • I skied Wildcat both yesterday and today.  What a turnaround.  They're reporting 18" and that seems about right, with maybe a bit more up top.  It was still snowing when my legs gave out at 2:30, so I'd expect a storm total in the 20's.  great day.
  • I can heartily recommend Magic tomorrow for anyone that missed today. The snow was so deep that you needed to straight line anything that wasn't at least black diamond pitch. So the lower mountain has plenty of untracked on the side of the trails for your to jump in and out of (and get stuck in). Some trees still have occasional pockets of untracked at the end of the day. I was stunned that I was still getting a few untracked turns here and there at 3pm in the woods. Main trails were getting a bit packed but still tons of loose powder every where. Snowed all day. Friday and this weekend should be fantastic at Magic, definitely a good time to go if you've been meaning to check it out.
  • Crotched: 15" or so by the time it ended at 4PM on 3/8.
  • A friend at Dartmouth in 14"image
    IMG_6931.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 725K
  • Nice ski it!
    How did you tow her out?
    Wow that's deep

Any YouTube videos of Magic ?
    Wow ski_it, 2 nor'easter s in one week, in my old stomping grounds nonthe less. Poconos and Hunter, surprised I haven't seen a Vernon great gorge report
  • Perhaps one more Mon Tues
  • Just a couple of pics of my 12yr old, 5'5" son that my wife sent me last night when she got up to our condo a Mount Snow last night.... The pics from the hill she's going to fill my texts with today while I'm at work are going to make my day in the office DRAG.... LOL!!
    Resized952018030895201357.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 270K
    Resized952018030895201418.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 273K
  • Got another 4" overnight here in Northern Champlain Valley, VT. Forecasts are showing anything from 1" to 9" through Sunday morning depending on where you are. Heading to Bolton on Sunday for sure :D
  • Nice groomer day here at Berkshire East with no line for the quad. It's been snowing lightly since I got here, but only accumulating near the summit.

• So Dr Jeff how insane do you think it will be tomorrow (crowdwise I mean)?
  • sugarloaf said:

Nice groomer day here at Berkshire East with no line for the quad. It's been snowing lightly since I got here, but only accumulating near the summit.

Didn't they leave a few trails ungroomed?  Plus, I'm sure the woods were in play, no?