Storm totals 3/7-8

2»

Comments

• Stratton said 22-29". I skied there Thurs. and Fri. There was no grooming Thurs. The glades were easier than the trails. My first run was the Sun Bowl trail. When I got off the 15' wide strip where others had gone, the snow swept up and 'welled' at my hips! Quit a few people, especially riders, got stuck when going well off the semi-packed area on that trail. Three of us skied Diamond in the Ruff, Moondance and one run in Shredwood. My friends had to dig me out on one fall. One ski was so buried, I couldn't move it. Friday was extremely crowded. There was move but not full grooming. I stayed on the Sunrise and Shooting Star Six Packs. Once people got out of the Sun Bowl, many stayed on the north face, so these lifts weren't crowded. I had great runs in Kidderbrook Ravine and Beardown. I think Ursa is on backup power. I didn't notice it Thurs. but Fri. I heard the diesel in the summit terminal running.
  • marcski said:

sugarloaf said:

Nice groomer day here at Berkshire East with no line for the quad. It's been snowing lightly since I got here, but only accumulating near the summit.

Didn't they leave a few trails ungroomed?  Plus, I'm sure the woods were in play, no?
    U Mass, Mini Dole and Grizzly remained ungroomed but those trails are to steep for me. The glades where closed, but plenty of people went into them anyway

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• About 8" at Bradford
    - Sam
  • Next round looks to be big, Tues-Wed :)]
  • Next round looks to be big, Tues-Wed :)]

Big for Eastern NE.  NH and Maine are going to get most of the love out of this one. 
  • Talking about another foot or more in Central Massachusetts. I've never seen My. Wachusett more crowded than it was Friday and Saturday. A skier told me the mtn. had the best skiing and the worst lines all season. Friday noght they had a big air competition and  you couldn't get near the place. Enormous crowds.It looks like a great season finish, probably sometime in Aoril.