2017-2018 closing dates

Comments

• FlyingZ said:

jaytrem said:

Pretty sure it's just the Superstar Quad after this weekend. Think I read that on the snow report. Too bad since I should be there monday.

I was hoping to go Monday but with only the superstar running, I can't justify driving up for 3 hours to ski 1000 verts on 4 trails. Looks like my season ends this weekend. I'll be looking to see if kton changes it's mind.
    Yeah, that's a long drive for a day trip.  I'll be heading up from Mount Snow then down to NJ.  So only about 2 hours extra driving.  Should be warmer on Monday, so hopefully trees and Ovation will be open.  I assume Ovation is closed to condition and not lack of snow?
  • Loaf just posted that the will open for May 5-6.
  • K1 will be open for the week, nice surprise!
  • jaytrem said:

K1 will be open for the week, nice surprise!

Unless you've got new info, K1 will be open tomorrow (Monday, Apr. 23 and again on the weekend of Apr. 28-29.  Other days this week will be Superstar only.  After that it will be Superstar-only on F-S-S (and I assume Memorial Day Monday, but that hasn't been officially announced) until the snow goes away.
  • jaytrem said:

K1 will be open for the week, nice surprise!

Unless you've got new info, K1 will be open tomorrow (Monday, Apr. 23 and again on the weekend of Apr. 28-29.  Other days this week will be Superstar only.  After that it will be Superstar-only on F-S-S (and I assume Memorial Day Monday, but that hasn't been officially announced) until the snow goes away.
    Latest info I saw is K1 running tomorrow, not T-W-Th, and running Fri-Sunday, April 27,28,29.  They should run it all week, but it's not my money.  I'll be there tomorrow for day one of my Killington season.
  • FlyingZ said:

jaytrem said:

Pretty sure it's just the Superstar Quad after this weekend. Think I read that on the snow report. Too bad since I should be there monday.

I was hoping to go Monday but with only the superstar running, I can't justify driving up for 3 hours to ski 1000 verts on 4 trails. Looks like my season ends this weekend. I'll be looking to see if kton changes it's mind.
    In November, I drove 2-hours to Killington to ski the North Ridge all day - 587 vertical per run - and just Rime and Reason.  Superstar is 1199 vertical according to their web-site.  Pretty respectable in my book. Other areas with less vertical when fully open included the oft touted Holiday Valley, NY; Catamount, Jiminy Peak, Berkshire East, every area in CT and PA, Middlebury, Suicide Six and even Bromley at 1334 is only a little bigger.  

With bits and pieces, Superstar provides more than 4 ways (I count Ovation, Old Super Star, Bittersweet, Skyehawk, Skyelark, High Road) and if you want to do Cascade or Flume, it's a short walk (10 minutes) from the top of Superstar.

• Latest info I saw is K1 running tomorrow, not T-W-Th, and running Fri-Sunday, April 27,28,29.  They should run it all week, but it's not my money.  I'll be there tomorrow for day one of my Killington season.

Yup, I think they reworded some stuff on the 6:38 report. Earlier one made it sound like they were running it all week. Probably explains why a 6:38pm snow report even exists. Anyway, good enough for me, I'm heading home after skiing tomorrow. Be sure to day hi if you see us. I'll be in an orange vest and with 6 year old twin girls.
  • Whiteface is reopening April 28-29th.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Jay Peak just announced 7 day per week operations until May 6.  Will Killington follow thier lead and open on May 2 and 3, which are currently listed as closed on the snow report?
  • edited April 25
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
  • Chuckstah said:

Jay Peak just announced 7 day per week operations until May 6.  Will Killington follow thier lead and open on May 2 and 3, which are currently listed as closed on the snow report?

Will probably wait until it gets a little closer to see what the long range forecast is for those days. Plus not sure if they'll be a hard close mid week for them for the start of their on mountain summer construction projects or not....
  • Keep in mind the tram side is closed. Don't go there you will be sad.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_it said:

Keep in mind the tram side is closed. Don't go there you will be sad.

Nice quote from the snow report. Bonnie quad will be open, so you can take a REALLY slow lift to access trails on Tramside on weekend
  • DrJeff said:

Chuckstah said:

Jay Peak just announced 7 day per week operations until May 6.  Will Killington follow thier lead and open on May 2 and 3, which are currently listed as closed on the snow report?

Will probably wait until it gets a little closer to see what the long range forecast is for those days. Plus not sure if they'll be a hard close mid week for them for the start of their on mountain summer construction projects or not....

Question answered .  Killington changed the report tonoght to daily ops through May 6.
  • Jay Peak just announced 7 day per week operations until May 6.  Will Killington follow thier lead and open on May 2 and 3, which are currently listed as closed on the snow report?
    From tonight's Killington report:
    "The Superstar Express Quad is scheduled to operate daily through May 6".

Nothing like a little competition!
  • Away from a computer for a few days. I’ll going some research, noticed that Jay while run the Jet and Bonnie until closing day Sunday May 6.

Here is the latest list::
    https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/eastern-closing-2018-may-week-6/
    Ski Mad World
  • Whiteface may reopen this weekend.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• sugarloaf said:

Whiteface may reopen this weekend.

That’s what I wrote. ;)

Ski Mad World
  • MadPatSki said:

sugarloaf said:

Whiteface may reopen this weekend.

That’s what I wrote. ;)

</blockquote

Didn't notice your post.

• Wildcat is not reopening on Saturday, they are losing too much snow with the warm weather.

• sugarloaf said:

Wildcat is not reopening on Saturday, they are losing too much snow with the warm weather.

That's too bad, I was planning on going. Maybe I'll get to Killington before they close.
    - Sam
  • Sugarloaf is reopening this weekend with skiing off the Superquad only and $25 lift tickets.

• Whiteface is reopening on Saturday with $15 lift tickets.

• Bristol Mt's last day was May 1st. Pretty long season for them Nov 11-may 1st.
  • Now that I'm in a front of a computer. Here is my last post including the last minutes edits.

Eastern Closing 2018 : May !!! - Week 6
    Ski Mad World
  • Big Boulder website says they are closed

They're Open Saturday from 10:00 to 4:00 for May Day
     https://www.facebook.com/events/393112787821255/?active_tab=discussion

They're Open Saturday from 10:00 to 4:00 for May Day
     https://www.facebook.com/events/393112787821255/?active_tab=discussion
    Odd that their website says they are closed. Marketing department needs to get act together.

• Looks like its just the Park, with "maybe" a chair lift running.

Impressive nonetheless. Poconos, skiing/ridding, on snow, in May. Yeah, its been a cold spring....

• Jay announced its adding an extra weekend. After this weekend, it will be « and then they were three »
    Ski Mad World