2017-2018 closing dates

12346»

Comments

• slatham said:

Looks like its just the Park, with "maybe" a chair lift running.

Impressive nonetheless. Poconos, skiing/ridding, on snow, in May. Yeah, its been a cold spring....

Yes, just Big Boulder Park.  Facebook chat fwiw indicates that a chairlift will be running at Big Boulder on Saturday May 5.
  • Jay Peak will not be open for another weekend.
    - Sam
  • edited May 11

Consistent as Mothers’ Day Skiing (again) – Eastern Closing Thread 2018 – Week 7

Here is this week's post. As mentioned above, Jay was hoping to add an extra weekend, but Mother Nature had other plans for Mothers' Day at Jay Peak.

So again this season, it comes down to St-Sauveur and Killington. MSS decided to open tomorrow Friday.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
  • MSS is planning on being opened until 5/21 according to their website. I guess Killington will go longer.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• From what I can see online, there are still a few resorts opened for skiing out west:

Timberline Lodge - Daily typically until Labor Day Weekend.

Mt Bachelor: Daily until 5/27/18

Mammoth Mountain: Daily through Memorial Day, possibly into June.

Squaw Valley: Daily until 5/28/18.

Red Lodge/Bear-tooth Basin 5/28/ - 7/8/18

Arapahoe Basin: Daily through Memorial Day - Probably into June.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• We still have a few options in the East, even if you want to ride a chairlift.

Victoria, you can ski on your Birthday – Eastern Closing 2018 – Week 8

Ski Mad World
  • Ski Mag online had a list of open areas and said that the lasst day for Killington is May 28 (Memorial Day). I don't know if their source is semi-official or if like the TraceSnow app: June turns count for the 2018-9 season.
  • Ski Mag online had a list of open areas and said that the lasst day for Killington is May 28 (Memorial Day). I don't know if their source is semi-official or if like the TraceSnow app: June turns count for the 2018-9 season.

From experience, I don't find these websites accurate. I find sites like onsnow, etc  generally give approximate dates. I never base any of my info on them.
    Ski Mad World
  • The title says it all. K is officially calling a season on Saturday will MSS is still planning to spin until Sunday.

Ski Mad World
  • It's been a while since MSS has been last in the east.
    - Sam
  • It's been a while since MSS has been last in the east.
    Here is the head-to-head showdown since K and MSS have been the last 2.

Here was the head-to-head showdown since the Beast came back in town.
    2013:
    May 26 – Killington
    May 19 – MSS
    2014:
    May 19 – MSS
    May 18 – Killington
    2015:
    May 25 – Killington
    May 10 – MSS
    2016:
    May 29 – Killington
    May 23 – MSS
    2017:
    June 1 – Killington
    May 13 – MSS
    2018 tentative:
    June – Killington
    May 27 – MSS
    Ski Mad World
  • And the last to spin list since I've been keeping track:

2006: May 5 – Bretton Woods
    2007: May 6 – MSS, Killington, Sugarbush, Wildcat
    2008: May 11 – MSS
    2009: May 4? – Sugarloaf on Monday?*, MSS, Jay and Sugarbush
    2010: May 3? – Sugarloaf on Monday?*, MSS and Jay
    2011: May 22 – MSS
    2012: May 6 – MSS
    2013: May 26 - Killington
    2014: May 19 – MSS
    2015: May 25 - Killington
    2016: May 29 - Killington
    2017: June 1 - Killington
    Ski Mad World
  • More geek stuff on my latest blog post. :P
    Ski Mad World
  • Thanks Pat for all the info. Once again IDK how you can do all this. Great job!!
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA