What ski areas can be seen from Stratton?

I was watching videos of Stratton on YouTube and Bromley is clearly visible. That got me thinking: it’s the highest peak in southern Vermont so surely it must have a beautiful panorama. Magic and Killington Peak are visible but what else? Okemo? Ascutney? Sunapee?

Enquiring minds want to know! :D

IBRAKE

Comments

• I believe Mt. Snow is visible from the east side trails? Possibly Okemo, too?
  • Bromley is easy to see, Magic you get a small glimpse of, same with Okemo and Killington. Personally I've never been able to see Mount Snow from the trails at Stratton, likewise you can't see any Stratton trails from Mount Snow...
  • from the main face: bromley, okemo, magic, ascutney, killington, sunapee. from the shooter lift near the top the north face of mount snow can be clearly seen. from the far west side of the north face (west meadow, janeway) whiteface and gore,
  • From the Stratton Sun Bowl, if you look to the southeast,  you can see Mt. Wachusett. From Wachusett on a clear day you can see the trails Haystack, or whatever they call it now, Mt. Snow, the Sun Bowl at Stratton, a bit of Killington, the backside of Sunapee. some of Mt Greylock, but not any part of the Thurderbolt, and maybe,  on a very clear day with a good imagination, the top of Mt. Washington.
    And from the summit on a clear day, the tall buildings in downtown Boston are visible. I don't think you can see Blue Hill, but I could be wrong. Great views from what is said to be, at 2,006 feet above sea level, the highest mountain in New England east of the Connecticut River and south of the New Hampshire border.
  • You could see a little bit of Stratton from the top of Maple Valley.
  • Stratton can be easily seen from Killington Peak and it looks beautiful.
  • I'm sure Stratton "looks beautiful " from Bromley
  • I nominate Greylock Ski Club as you can see Mt. Greylock.

Also thought I spotted Gore trails?

• ciscokid said:

I'm sure Stratton "looks beautiful " from Bromley

No doubt!
  • ciscokid said:

I wonder how good Flattens snowmaking system looked in motion from Bromley when theirs was down.
  • We can see Stratton from the top of Crotched - so I assume they can see us.
  • I can't remember if was South Ridge area of Killington you could see Stratton very briefly. Okemo I know Magic is clearly visible on Dream Weaver. Not sure if it was from Upper Mountain Road that you can see Stratton. Snow Valley can be seen from the top of Stratton. From the top of the North Face at Mt Snow you could the snowmaking on the top portion of Kidderbrook.

What about Ascutney when the has was installed?
  • ciscokid said:

and those of us who live here and ski bromley know that looks can be deceiving....LOL    Speaking of that Bromley has been amazing this year .
  • newman said:

ciscokid said:

I wonder how good Flattens snowmaking system looked in motion from Bromley when theirs was down.
    Looked just as old and icy as always.....I'd rather ski dirt at bromley than use the outhouse at Flatton....just saying 
  • DrJeff said:

Bromley is easy to see, Magic you get a small glimpse of, same with Okemo and Killington. Personally I've never been able to see Mount Snow from the trails at Stratton, likewise you can't see any Stratton trails from Mount Snow...

I'm pretty sure you can catch a view of Mt Snow's North Face from Shooting Star Quad (six?) on Stratton.  

Best view is off the backside (or looking west) from Sunapee.  Pretty much all the areas from Mt Snow to Killington are visible.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

• edited March 25
    oops double post
  • bobbutts said:

I took a look from Ragged and found a spot near the top of Spear where the areas in VT are visible including Stratton.  So you'll be able to see Ragged from Stratton too, but the trails are going to be almost entirely obscured.

It's easier to see with the eye, cell phone cam has a really wide angle, so Stratton doesn't look like much in the pic.
  • bobbutts said:

bobbutts said:

I took a look from Ragged and found a spot near the top of Spear where the areas in VT are visible including Stratton.  So you'll be able to see Ragged from Stratton too, but the trails are going to be almost entirely obscured.

It's easier to see with the eye, cell phone cam has a really wide angle, so Stratton doesn't look like much in the pic.
    That’s really neat; thanks!

• edited March 26
    4aprice said:

DrJeff said:

Bromley is easy to see, Magic you get a small glimpse of, same with Okemo and Killington. Personally I've never been able to see Mount Snow from the trails at Stratton, likewise you can't see any Stratton trails from Mount Snow...

I'm pretty sure you can catch a view of Mt Snow's North Face from Shooting Star Quad (six?) on Stratton.  

Best view is off the backside (or looking west) from Sunapee.  Pretty much all the areas from Mt Snow to Killington are visible.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Just to confirm,  North Face and part of the front face of Mt Snow is clearly visible from the Shooting Star 6 on Stratton. (near the top) 

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • skipro77 said:

You could see a little bit of Stratton from the top of Maple Valley.

I hiked Maple Valley once. Now you've intrigued me to go back up and start looking for it. 

I remember that from the top of Norwich University on a good day I could see upper FIS and the Summit line. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump