Comments

• The article says that it was unclear what they were doing. Ethan Allen Firing Range is on the other side of the mountain and is the home to the Mountain Warfare School and the HQ of 3/172nd Infantry, (MT), one of the battalions of the 86th Infantry Brigade. The 86th is the only designated Mountain Infantry units in the Army and are now part of the 10th MTN Division. 

When I was in, the Mountain Warfare School had two phases-- summer and winter-- and winter took place both at the range and on Mansfield. Local media is reporting that it was the advanced or Assault Climbers course. I watched the video and one of the soldiers was wearing the MWS Ram on his cover, so he was either an advanced student or an instructor.  
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • And it was in Easy Gully in Smugglers Notch. Looking up there from the road this fall, none of those gullies looked easy.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • I was at Stowe when this happened, not entirely surprised by the existing base and the new snowfall. Fortunately the people that were there are people that are trained. It really could of been a mess if there were novices there.