Summit with the most ski areas seen along the horizon

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 785
I remember how neat it was to see all the different peaks, including other visible ski areas from Killington Peak, like Stratton, Magic, and Ascutney plus The White Mountains way off in the distance. What other peaks have a cool panorama, including other ski areas visible off in the distance?

IBRAKE

Comments

I spotted 5 from Sunapee; Stratton, Okemo, Bear Creek, Timber Ridge/Magic, and Mount Snow! I also saw the backside of Ascutney.
    - Sam
  • teighsteighs intermediate
    From the top of Madonna at Smugg's:  Jay, Stowe, Burke, Bolton's wind turbine, Mad River, Sugarbush, Killington, Mt Washington.
    Isn't it Stowe and Smuggs that share two sides of the same mountain?

That's really cool that Killington Peak can be seen from Madonna! I remember looking really hard towards the direction of Stowe and Sugarbush, hoping to see them from Killington Peak on a beautiful winters day in 1986. No such luck.

IBRAKE
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    You can see a few from Burke...Jay, Stowe, Sugarbush North/South and MRG.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 785
    From Burke or Jay Peak can any of the Eastern Township resorts in Quebec be seen?
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

I remember how neat it was to see all the different peaks, including other visible ski areas from Killington Peak, like Stratton, Magic, and Ascutney plus The White Mountains way off in the distance. What other peaks have a cool panorama, including other ski areas visible off in the distance?

IBRAKE

If you count Ascutney, where you can see the peak but not the trails, you can add Bromley (just to the right of Timber Ridge). Also, one can see Bear Peak at Killington.  I am told but can't confirm it, that you can also see Round Top.
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    From the top of Lincoln Peak on the observation deck you can see Killington, White Face, MRG, the backside of Stowe and then on a really clear day the White Mountains are incredible. From the top of Norwich Ski Area the top of M Ellen can be just made out over the Northfield Mountains. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    From Lincoln Peak, what part of Whiteface is visible: the trails or slides? Both? Or just the mountain's backside?

To be able to see from the Adirondacks to the White Mountains sounds fantastic! This I gotta see someday!!

IBRAKE
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    I think the trails-- hard to tell as I've only skied there once. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • steamboat1steamboat1 advanced

Isn't it Stowe and Smuggs that share two sides of the same mountain?

That's really cool that Killington Peak can be seen from Madonna! I remember looking really hard towards the direction of Stowe and Sugarbush, hoping to see them from Killington Peak on a beautiful winters day in 1986. No such luck.

IBRAKE

To answer your first question yes Stowe & Smuggs share Spruce Peak. You can ski between the two. Stowe & Sugarbush are easy to see from Killington on a clear day. I even saw Jay Peak one day this winter from inside the Peak Lodge. Round Top, Bear Creek, Plymouth Notch (whatever you want to call it) is easily visible from Killington