Attitash 3/17/2018

ski_itski_it expert
edited March 18 in Trip Reports Posts: 2,116
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_7001.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 577K

Comments

Attitash
    - Sam
  • SnowmasterSnowmaster advanced
    Looks Top Notch to me
    My first thought was Pats Peak but I’m pretty sure I’m wrong.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited March 18 Posts: 2,116

Attitash

Yep Sam. Attitash 68 of 69 T 7 of 10 L
    Packed powder on groomed machine groomed. Mostly cloudy. Triple was on wind hold from around 10:30 to the end of the day
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    I remember Rick Bolger talking about a scary steep lift at Attiash or something unique. Any pictures of it? Or can you rekindle my memory banks.
    ( drove by there on the K hwy but never skied there)
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Nothing scary except for 2 open mid-stations and two lifts that crossover each other.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited March 20 Posts: 2,245
    ski_it said:

Nothing scary except for 2 open mid-stations and two lifts that crossover each other.

Maybe it was that crossover lift thing , Rick has a way of memorable wording , i.e. Small but mighty etc

Any more pics ?
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    ciscokid said:

I remember Rick Bolger talking about a scary steep lift at Attiash or something unique. Any pictures of it? Or can you rekindle my memory banks.

The double seems steep to me.  I haven't seen it running for years.  I have a picture that I took while riding, will try and upload here

• ski_itski_it expert

ciscokid said:

The double seems steep to me.  I haven't seen it running for years.  I have a picture that I took while riding, will try and upload here
    My picture is of it. The Top Notch Double. Plus you know who has pics...
    Funny, I was thinking it looked darn steep too as I was eyeballing it while wondering if perhaps they could run that while the Summit Triple was on (permanent) wind hold. I had thought it was less exposed on top and I know it doesn't go as far up. I think I've ridden it a long time ago...definitely maybe... I'm not an Attitash regular either, but I haven't seen it running in recent memory.