Wildcat 3/18/2018

ski_itski_it expert
edited March 19 in Trip Reports Posts: 2,116
Ya probably don't even need a pic
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_7012.JPG
2016 x 1512 - 1020K

Comments

Wildcat
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Yea, we need more pics
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited March 19 Posts: 2,116
    We were headed here Saturday but they were on wind hold so we went to Attitash. It turned out that Wildcat came off hold and Attitash went on hold. Oh well Sunday was pretty darn good too at the cat. No warm ups yet so the snow has stayed nice.

48 of 48 trails, 4 of 5 lifts, 25" in last 7 days, packed powder on machined groomed. -1F summit 10F at 9:30, light wind in the morning, sunny Bluebird day. 22 groomed. Plenty of soft bumps all over but some natural trails like Lift Lion & Hairball had plenty of rocks showing per usual but that didn't deter everyone. Upper & Lower Wildcat had plenty of soft big bumps as did Cougar, Catenary Chute. The wind picked up mightily after 2pm but there was no wind holds.
    Wildcat and I share something in common within 2 months.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_7032.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 789K
    IMG_7019.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 702K
    IMG_7037.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 912K
    IMG_7038.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 888K
    IMG_7039.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 757K
    IMG_7005.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 696K
    Great beautiful shots ski_it! Looks a heck of a lot nicer than my one day at the 'cat 1/2/05.

Happy upcoming 60th! I'll join you in ten months

Hey I think that's the gondy cabin I rode with my family back in the mid sixtiesimage
    IMG_0009.JPG
    3296 x 1854 - 373K
    What trail is that , Lynx? Or Wildcat?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited March 19 Posts: 2,116
    Cougar
  • ski_itski_it expert
    ciscokid said:

Happy upcoming 60th! I'll join you in ten months

We both already celebrated. I just meant we are less than 2 months apart.

That's 6 of 7 Peak Resorts in 15 days too.
    That is fantastic glad you are getting in your days
    Which area is the only one that you missed of the seven resorts?

If I get the opportunity which I don't know for sure to come out to New Hampshire again and ski with my brother I should meet up with some of you people from the granite state let you show me around for the good stuff but keep in mind the bones are getting older from this flatlander along with age

Well anyway happy birthday nonetheless
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Crotched....but I've made it there this season once already....which reminds me of something..
    You should...and the same is happening to this flatlander.
    And thanks
    We must distinguish between the poor flyover midwest flatland and your flatland. Nothing flat about NH I know of

Keep up the jackpot nor'easter trip reports y'all, I can only imagine