Middlebury College Snow Bowl 3/18/18

BetsyBetsy intermediate
in Trip Reports Posts: 85
I don't think I need to tell you how good the snow is right now. Awesome!  No crowds, bright sun, a tad cold, but who cares! Get out there if you can!

IMG_7075.jpg
506 x 640 - 141K
IMG_7077.JPG
640 x 480 - 148K
IMG_7078.jpg
438 x 640 - 95K
IMG_7088.jpg
452 x 640 - 128K
IMG_7089.jpg
466 x 640 - 114K
IMG_7091.jpg
486 x 640 - 107K
IMG_7092.jpg
640 x 586 - 149K

Comments

• bmwskierbmwskier expert
    Great photos, Betsy-- it truly was a "hero" day-- we had people all through the woods having a great time! It looks like you had no lift lines at all. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    I have never waited in a lift line at the Snow Bowl. Well...maybe 5 people in front of me if that counts!
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    I love The Bowl...thanks for the pics. Bailey Falls lift serves some awesome terrain.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Very nice Betsy, particularly the teardrop Poma chair is my favorite.
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    I was there Saturday.  What fantastic conditions, and the place was crowded.  Wind didn't help as the front side lift was on hold for a while, but I actually waited in a 5 or so chair wait on Baily's.  Never saw that before, and I had to park almost at the road with my pathetic noonish arrival. What a great day!
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    Chuckstah said:

I was there Saturday.  What fantastic conditions, and the place was crowded.  Wind didn't help as the front side lift was on hold for a while, but I actually waited in a 5 or so chair wait on Baily's.  Never saw that before, and I had to park almost at the road with my pathetic noonish arrival. What a great day!

Wow!!! The only time I ever see it that crowded is when there is a race! Even then, it's the lodge and parking that is crowded, not the slopes.  Glad you had a good day! If you ever heard there again let me know and we can meet up for some turns.....
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Betsy said:

Chuckstah said:

Wow!!! The only time I ever see it that crowded is when there is a race! Even then, it's the lodge and parking that is crowded, not the slopes.  Glad you had a good day! If you ever heard there again let me know and we can meet up for some turns.....
    Will do, but I most likely won't be back this season.  Middlebury is usually a once or twice a season trip, as it's a pretty long day trip from Southern NH, but worth it every time!
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Betsy said:

I have never waited in a lift line at the Snow Bowl. Well...maybe 5 people in front of me if that counts!

Sounds like the security line at the Burlington airport.