Nor'Easter #4?

lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,146
Looks like Boston gets slammed again. WaWa may be the place to be (or Yawgoo, if they open). Looks like it will hug the coast and most ski areas will not see much...but, it will delay the "backyard effect" another week...

Comments

• DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    Yawgoo, and powder day are a big oxymoron on the enjoyment side of things!!!  Been there, did that once,on about a 12" day back in the early 90's when it was dry snow that fell..... Just not enough pitch, to be able to really be able to ski more than 3 or 4 " of powder there without spending more time skating than actually sliding downhill!!  :D
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    Unfortuntately it is looking like a non-event for Northern VT.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    DrJeff said:

Yawgoo, and powder day are a big oxymoron on the enjoyment side of things!!!  Been there, did that once,on about a 12" day back in the early 90's when it was dry snow that fell..... Just not enough pitch, to be able to really be able to ski more than 3 or 4 " of powder there without spending more time skating than actually sliding downhill!!  :D

Figured as much, as far as the pitch goes...
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Well Rick isn't Vernon in the 4-8 range?
    Haven't seen Sam quality pics of VVGG since Woody a few years back
    Alex is out west

Monty?
    Njskibabe?

Jim Kenny must be on a sabbatical
  • marcskimarcski advanced
    edited March 20 Posts: 253
    12"+ for the nyc metro area. Will make for great XC.
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Forecasting model conflict here. NWS had 8-12" for Northern Connecticut, now it's 4-8".

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• djaskipa68djaskipa68 intermediate
    10" to 15" here in southern PA. Whitetail and Liberty will benefit nicely. Heavy wet snow good to help increase their bases a little.
    I'm contemplating skiing at Otis Ridge on Friday or Saturday night for the last night skiing of the season.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    edited March 21 Posts: 433
    Testing posting pics. My car during the last storm with 26 inches. image
    20180313_192507.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 460K
    Huge bust in the forecast by the NWS and media outlets. We where forecasted to get 12-15" and got a coating here in Northern Connecticut.

• CannonballCannonball advanced
    sugarloaf said:

Huge bust in the forecast by the NWS and media outlets. We where forecasted to get 12-15" and got a coating here in Northern Connecticut.

Same here in SE Mass.  Forecast bounced around for a few days then settled at 8-12".  It's been snowing all morning but we have not accumulated one flake.  
    On the other hand, the wind and coastal flooding is no joke.  I just tried to take my dog for a walk on the beach.  It was low tide but it was almost up to the high tide line. 
    About 3" here
    - Sam
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Fake nor'easter for central mass.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert

Fake nor'easter for central mass.

Faux'reaster   ;))
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    Got about 9" of paste IMBY

You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
    20180322_080211.jpg
    1288 x 966 - 619K
  • Bill29Bill29 advanced
    I brushed off about an inch of heavy wet snow from my car in south Central Mass. about a mile from the Connecticut line this morning. There seemed to be a bit less than that in Worcester - or at least in downtown Worcester. Temperature was in the mid-30s, too warm for whatever fell to stick much. For forecasters, win a few, lose a few.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Wife heard 20" in Pa somewhere
    Where?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Windber, PA 19"
    Islip, NY 18"
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA