Lifts that moved from one mountain to another but kept the same name

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 368
There's likely very few of these. The only one I can think of at the top of my head is the Gunshy Double, that was relocated from Gunstock to Song Mountain, and kept the same name.

Any others?

Comments

• abdominalsnowmanabdominalsnowman intermediate
    Tanglwood chair, same name retained as it was moved from Tanglwood, PA to Kissing Bridge, NY
  • jaytremjaytrem advanced
    Not quite the same, but Smuggs' Mogul Mouse's Magic Lift came from Magic.

Pretty sure there is another one that I can quite think of.
  • bmwskierbmwskier expert
    edited March 23 Posts: 539

Tanglwood chair, same name retained as it was moved from Tanglwood, PA to Kissing Bridge, NY

Where did that go at KB? How is KB doing this season? 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • SnowmasterSnowmaster advanced
    edited March 23 Posts: 177
    Wasn't that made from parts of Loon's West Basin double doubles?
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced

Wasn't that made from parts of Loon's West Basin double doubles?

That was most likely the Highlands Double at Smuggs. I was working at Smuggs when they bought a bunch of Hall lifts+ parts from Loon, then the next year they installed the Morse Highlands lift (Hall)  They kept the rest in the boneyard.
    D
  • abdominalsnowmanabdominalsnowman intermediate
    BMW -

The Tanglwood Chair went up in the North area, to the right of the Slalom Quad, basically up Dream. It doesn’t terminate at the very top though, it goes maybe 3/4 the way up.

I think KB did okay this year even though there had been some grumblings about money problems in recent years, I’m assuming the plentiful snow we had this year here in WNY did well for the resort, I never made it out there but from what I’ve heard, they seemed to have had a good season
  • newmannewman advanced
    Plattekill got the other Hall from Tangelwood. They were thinking of a novice lift at one time. The main reason is for parts for the double to the top, that came from Belleayre.
  • drsmoothdrsmooth novice
    Kissing Bridge had a rough go of things until Late February. Late February on was golden.

My first day there this year was Feb 12th. I parked in the first row on a weekday at 3pm. A month later I was there, it was packed, the last time I parked that far out was in the 80's. Apparently they had a number of days like that from late February to Late March. Apparently, March 23rd was the first day they were open coast to coast. Although that was a second hand account of things. I Skied Buffalo Ski Club that day, and overheard someone say that at The Pizza Glen.

• jaytremjaytrem advanced
    Finally remembered the one I was thinking of, but not quite a winner.  Was thinking when Discovery MT moved Sun Valley's Exhibition lift they might have kept the name.  Turns out they just named the trail under the lift Exhibition and renamed the lift Silver Chief.