Burke Mt. This wknd 23-25

RemskiRemski advanced
in The Pit Posts: 421
I’ll be up there this weekend and conditions couldn’t be better. Anybody else going to be there?

Comments

• CannonballCannonball advanced
    Remski said:

I’ll be up there this weekend and conditions couldn’t be better. Anybody else going to be there?

Planning on next weekend (3/31)  I'd really appreaciate a report after you go.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    East Bowl.....yummy

East Bowl.....yummy

Yeah, I haven't been doing much walking lately so I'm looking forward to getting my steps in on East Bowl.  

Seriously though, even though East Bowl is not the most snowboarder-friendly area I still find it plenty worth the slog out.  It's where I spend almost all of my time when I'm at Burke 
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    edited March 24 Posts: 421
    1st day and it was just excellent. Stayed on the Sherburne quad to give my daughters boyfriend some lessons and he caught on rather quickly. We only had 2.5 hrs. in the afternoon. Snow cover is nice pkpdr and as usual no one here.
    To the main Mtn tomorrow. I’ll report on that tomorrow. We’re staying in the new hotel in a 3 bdrm 3 bath top floor unit and it’s one of the nicest places I’ve stay in and my adult children are amazed.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    2nd day at Burke and the skiing was again outstanding. They’re was even a lift line on the upper quad of 10:00 minutes. Pond skimming was today. The natural snow trails could use more snow but they are doable. I just can’t get enough of this place so I’ll do it all again Sunday. Tried to upload picks but it keeps telling me the file is TO BIG.
    That's great! Decent visibility today, so I could see the back of Burke from Cannon. It looked like it was getting some nice sun, especially early in the day.
  • becca_mbecca_m advanced
    edited March 26 Posts: 146
    My first time there was on Saturday, 3/24.  Was super-fun but I'm really glad I had 2 friends who were willing to tow me on the flats.   I will probably not go back any time soon because of the flats - EEEEEK!!!!  They should have spent some of the posh dollars on a carpet at the bottom of the flats for all us snowboarders!!!!   :)

Also, mid-day lift line at the top quad was annoying!!!!
    becca_m said:My first time there was on Saturday, 3/24.  Was super-fun but I'm really glad I had 2 friends who were willing to tow me on the flats.   I will probably not go back any time soon because of the flats - EEEEEK!!!!  They should have spent some of the posh dollars on a carpet at the bottom of the flats for all us snowboarders!!!!   :)
    Also, mid-day lift line at the top quad was annoying!!!!

The most brutal part about the bottom of East Bowl is that it actually
    isn't that flat. That whole runout varies from sections that are too steep to ride unstrapped followed by too flat to stay strapped in.  I'd almost prefer a completely flat runout that I could just settle on kicking or walking. The constant strapping in and out is the real killer. 
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    3rd day on Sunday was just that sun filled with temps hanging out around the freezing point. Perfect pkpd with just some frgr on the 2 racing trails. To me this ski area is like Tenney on steroids steeper with same style of trails. If it gets any new snow this week all the better. Great time to check it out.
    Remski said:

3rd day on Sunday was just that sun filled with temps hanging out around the freezing point. Perfect pkpd with just some frgr on the 2 racing trails. To me this ski area is like Tenney on steroids steeper with same style of trails. If it gets any new snow this week all the better. Great time to check it out.

Thanks for the continued updates.  I'll be there on Sat 3/31 with a good size group from Cannon.  Does Burke have any problem with folks grilling out in the Mid-Burke parking lot?
  • RemskiRemski advanced

Remski said:

Thanks for the continued updates.  I'll be there on Sat 3/31 with a good size group from Cannon.  Does Burke have any problem with folks grilling out in the Mid-Burke parking lot?

None that I'm aware of but the mud in that lot is 6"-8" deep I don't think you want to party in that.