Sugarbush==3/25

bmwskierbmwskier expert
in Trip Reports Posts: 525
Patrolled again at Lincoln Peak-- some changes from last week as we move into spring. 

Coverage up high was good-- Birch and Sunrise were awesome-- though the bumps on Sunrise were a but crusty. Morning Star looked good from the chair. Coverage down Castlerock connection was good, though Castlerock itself from the Connection was starting to show the season. 

Lots of snow in the woods where you can find it though the trees are starting to go bare at the base and the deeper ruts are going brown at the bottom. People were really getting into Slidebrook yesterday and apparently they're starting to bump up the trails Ski with caution. 

Best route to the new slide that happened over the summer above Slidebrook is from MT Ellen-- haven't been there yet though the base of it is pretty much still a debris field. It's the big cut a skier can see from the top of North Lynx. About a 15 minute ski in. 

By 2:00 the bottom trails started to be more spring like though still fun to ski, especially Sleeper and the bottom of Hot Shot. 

Twist had great coverage during trail checks in the morning. Usual crust to start off with but I imagine that as soon as the sun hit it, is softened up nicely. 

Groomed Ripcord last night so today was probably a lot of people going fast down it with the new dusting. 

Cheers!
"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
Greg Stump

Comments

• skirickskirick intermediate
    Thanks for the update!
    I may make the trip up on Thursday if another of life's events don't get in the way again. I hope Castlerock holds up till then!
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    skirick said:

Thanks for the update!
    I may make the trip up on Thursday if another of life's events don't get in the way again. I hope Castlerock holds up till then!
    The sun the next few days will do a number on Castlerock, I am afraid. But, we'll see. Upper mountain and north-facing pitches will be really nice. Groomed trails are full-on hero snow.
  • conradconrad intermediate
    Nice, I was at Sugarbush today as well with my cousin. We found Castlerock to be the one section of the mountain where the snow on the firm side, for some reason. Otherwise, great skiing off of Heaven's Gate, Gadd Peak, and one run in Slidebrook Basin off of Lynx.