Berkshire East 3-27-2018

edited March 29 in NELSAP Forum

Area skied: Berkshire East.

Date skied: March 27th, 2018 from 9:00am - 12:30pm

Weather: Filtered sunshine, 28F at 9am , 46F at 12:30pm

Surface Conditions: Frozen granular, Machine groomed.

Yesterday was my last ski day in March and I decided to take advantage of Berkshire East's $15 lift ticket deal. The day started out with firm frozen granular conditions transitioning to softer snow on top of firm groomer. This was good for some high speed runs before things got a bit too soft torwards noon. I had a private ski area yesterday with maybe 25 folks out on the mountain. Cover is deep on Competition, Big Chief and Thunder/Bolt but a bit thin in places on Outback/Roundabout.

They want to stay opened until April 8th, but snow at the base is only about 6" deep and showing a lot of brown stress spots when I quit a bit past noon.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Base Lodge (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 180K
Quad (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 252K
Competition (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 174K
LM LFC (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 179K
Liftline (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 282K
Thunder (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 191K
Exhibition (Medium).JPG
1024 x 768 - 149K

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

Comments

• Nice, $15 what a bargain.
  • Looks awesome. I love the BEast!
  • Does look great. Always a bummer to see such good trails with an empty chairlift. People just don't realize what they miss in late season skiing. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump