Whaleback Lifts

conradconrad intermediate
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 51
Hi all,
Just finished publishing to photographic articles about Whaleback on Remontees-Mecaniques. Per Skytrac, the T-Bar is actually from Cobleskill, NY. It had been purchased by Plattekill, but never installed so it was sold again to Whaleback.
Make sure to use the translate button in the upper right corner.

Hope you all enjoy!

Comments

Great pics of the Hall! It was neat watching the install be recorded on Whaleback’s FB site last summer. I believe it had been sitting in storage for thirty years so I’m glad it was given a second life.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Thanks Conrad!

Any timeframe to look forward to the Numerous Boyne's pics on RM?

Just watched our 2 day "adventure" @ the Boyne's
    Thanks! Didn't know that about the T-bar
    - Sam
  • conradconrad intermediate
    edited March 31 Posts: 51
    ciscokid said:

Thanks Conrad!

Any timeframe to look forward to the Numerous Boyne's pics on RM?

Just watched our 2 day "adventure" @ the Boyne's

Just got to get through a couple of brand new Sugarbush reports first. The moderators on R-M have been very busy (skiing) so that's part of the reason for the delay.
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    edited April 4 Posts: 659
    The information on the T-Bar looks very accurate. The only thing I see a little off is the capacity which is 450 skiers/hr with 20 carriers.

Some additional information - It was originally a 1981 Hall Model 300 and the lift also uses components from the North Face T-Bar at Plattekill (not just the smaller Cobleskill lift). For instance, The Cobleskill lift only had 4 towers but due to the different lift profile at Whaleback a 5'th tower was needed and this came from the other T-Bar in storage at Plattekill. The haul rope is also new (old was only 5/8" and deemed too small).
  • conradconrad intermediate
    Thank you very much for the information newpylong! I missed your post originally, but will seek to update the report soon. Interesting that the equipment is so recent: 1981. It must have flown under the radar when it was originally installed and did not make the SAM Lift Construction Survey.