Comments

• Boy Warren and Bob so close together.
    RIP
  • Bob's call of Franz Klammer's gold medal run--"He's all over this mountain!!!''--is the best video of alpine racing ever.
  • For me, Bob was the voice of my childhood winter weekends in the 80s and 90s. I wish I could find more full recordings of his shows and races from that era. Thanks to Eric Friedman for uploading this piece of nostalgia from Mad River Glen.
  • one of the founders of World Cup -- he left quite a legacy!  Also I think he made Klammer's run so dramatic.  Without that narration, doubt it would be so memorable.

• I can't find the ABC video on YouTube, but here's Frank Gifford with an entertaining "backgrounder" on Bob's call of Klammer's amazing run. 

Frank's gone as well.  Still, would have liked to been there with them in 1976!
  • He also ran the World Pro Ski Racing Tour in the 70's, and early 80's, as well as started NASTAR Recreational Racing in the 70's. 
  • edited April 3

He also ran the World Pro Ski Racing Tour in the 70's, and early 80's, as well as started NASTAR Recreational Racing in the 70's. 

Here you go:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ezs4dVBiGpw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• He also ran the World Pro Ski Racing Tour in the 70's, and early 80's, as well as started NASTAR Recreational Racing in the 70's. 

technically didn't start NASTAR, he took over a fledgling operation from SKI magazine, reshaped it and promoted it, brought it under the auspices of the US Ski Team