Ski areas with snowmaking ponds that dominate their aerial view

This is a hard to put into words type question - but what ski areas have snowmaking ponds that are rather dominant, or are large when compared to the rest of the ski area?

I think it's best to show this concept visually - here's Woods Valley, NY, where the snowmaking pond is quite dominant, which was created as there was no real place at the base to create a snowmaking reservoir.

JD
woods.jpg
1046 x 888 - 692K

Comments

• The snowmaking pond over at Mount Snow's Carinthia area (next to Mineshaft and Prospector), is quite large. Unsure if it was man-made or not. This isn't generally "large" compared to the size of the resort as Mount Snow isn't small. Their West Lake project also isn't visible from most of the mountain, if at all. Any know if you can see West Lake from the slopes?
  • Are we talking on mountain snowmaking ponds or just very large ones?
  • Seven Springs
  • mtsnow123 said:

The snowmaking pond over at Mount Snow's Carinthia area (next to Mineshaft and Prospector), is quite large. Unsure if it was man-made or not. This isn't generally "large" compared to the size of the resort as Mount Snow isn't small. Their West Lake project also isn't visible from most of the mountain, if at all. Any know if you can see West Lake from the slopes?

I have yet to be able to see West Lake from any trail or lift at Mount Snow. The only place that I have been able to see West Lake from the slopes and/or lifts is at the Hermitage Club.  It's pretty apparent from the main summit area as well as the Witches area.
  • Holiday Valley-- they put a huge honkin' pond at the top of their new chair, called it Spruce Lake and they use it for summer stuff. Drove by it one summer and thought "that's a lot of water!" 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump