Anybody for Mt. Snow on the 09th?

I'll be skiing at Mt. Snow on the 09th - anybody want to catch up for some turns? JD

Comments

• rickbolger, jmaul and l are at Killington tomorrow and Pico Sunday. Belleayre is great today. Snowing like crazy.
  • Just a heads up there's a big EDM type festival going on this weekend at Mount Snow. They're saying 7-8,000 Saturday and less on Sunday, but parking at Carinthia is HIGHLY recommended (do it).
  • I'll be up at Bretton Woods on Sunday and Cannon on Monday.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Sorry no, Someday I hope to catch up with you. I'm mulling over 4/8 there
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Going to be back home in CT on Monday... And as an FYI, just shoveled 6" of fairly light to medium density powder off my walkway and car up here..... Temps may not get above freezing between now and Monday.... Should be quite good!!
  • Can u do Wednesday??
  • Come tomorrow and join me!
  • My son rode Saturday and said it was great. 6-10" of pow.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Wish I could go those days but working.
  • edited April 9
    Conditions are pretty good today
    Poaching under the Bluebird
    imageimage
    IMG_7088.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 467K
    IMG_7090.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 596K
  • Nice - looking forward to it tomorrow! JD
  • Enjoy!! 74 of 86 trails 5 of 20 lifts machined groomed and packed powder. Woods are open. Stayed under 32 today and the sunny skies never materialized. 8" in last 7 days. The natural ungroomed is soft and silky. All peaks open and nobody here.. well except for all the hippies at this 3 day E festival they are having
  • It was 28(f) when I departed Mt Snow around noon today.  Yesterday was one of the better days of the Mt. Snow season.  Light skiing crowds and great snow all around.  You should have a great day tomorrow.

Due to the festival, I did start my day at Carinthia following Mt. Snow management's advice and was rewarded with 1st trax down fool's gold.  I have never been able to get 1st trax down anything at Mt. Snow, so it fueled my ego (not to be confused with my ego alley).

• Nice Yardsale. What time was that pic?
  • I'd say 8:15 am or so.  Everyone else ahead of me (maybe 10-15 chairs or so) was headed toward long john or the terrain park.