Sugarbush Lift Question

joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 2,136
Heard that there was a problem with one or more lifts at Sugarbush on 4/4 or 4/5 but the individual didn't know the nature of the problem.  Did anyone hear anything.  If there was nothing, that's good and if I don't hear anything in a day or two, I'll delete this thread.

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    4/4 saw hellacious wind, rain and widespread power outages into 4/5. May have impacted lift ops

Have not heard of any lift issues, though. Anyone trying to ski on 4/4 needed to have their head examined, IMO, regardless of lift status
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Actually, one of my friends (at Killington) said that she outlasted the rain on 4/4.  It changed to snow and was quite good the last 1.5 hours.  The bad winds were overnight.

I lost power twice at CM for a total of about 6 hours.  Many of my Killington friends still didn't have their power restored as of this afternoon.
  • bmwskierbmwskier expert
    I'm working tomorrow-- I'll find out. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • obienickobienick expert
    edited April 7 Posts: 1,102
    I'm guessing wind issues.

Mt. Washington had 10 consecutive hours of sustained winds stronger than Cat. 3 hurricanes (111+ mph )
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Heard lifts have periodically been running at half-speed due to power issues in the area due to wind storm. Don't know what (if) issues were before the winds.
  • skirickskirick intermediate
    There was an issue with the gate house quad last week when I was there. Maybe it happened again.
    skirick said:

There was an issue with the gate house quad last week when I was there. Maybe it happened again.

Perhaps that was it.  What was the issue?
  • skirickskirick intermediate

skirick said:

Perhaps that was it.  What was the issue?
    Not sure, in the morning they said that they were waiting for a part and it would be late opening, but around noon time I overheard some of the workers saying the plane that it was flying in on was late. It never did open.

We lost power on the Super Bravo side due to wind damage to the power lines. All good now. Trip report later-- Castlerock, and three bears wand'ring around. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    bmwskier said:

We lost power on the Super Bravo side due to wind damage to the power lines. All good now. Trip report later-- Castlerock, and three bears wand'ring around. 

Do you know if the wind caused a tree fell on the Super Bravo Haul Rope?
    I didn't hear anything about that. Would not be surprised though--- there was a lot more wind blown damage on both sides of Gate House Chair on Sunday that was definitely new. I'll check on Saturday when I'm there again. 

Last weekend for Gate House and North Lynx coming up!
    Greg Stump