Where's Spring??

2»

Comments

• 6" at the summit stake at Sugarbush this morning. Will be gone by Wednesday, but pretty wild 
  • There was 4" this morning at my house. My dogs last night took one look outside and pretty much said "Are you f**king kidding? I am tired of pooping in a snowbank!
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • My final thoughts on the subject.  Spring skipped me this year.  Just saw snow flakes mixed in with a little rain here in NNJ during my training this morning.  Never got that day/weekend  of soft bumps and sun I wanted but c'est la vie,  (grade will reflect that in the season ranking too)  on to other things. 

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ  

• NELSAP said:

For Glens Falls, NY, this April will likely end up as 2nd coldest since records were started in 1947 - just 0.2 degrees warmer than 1972. Projected monthly average will be 38.9, normal is 44.6.

The average high will end up being 48.8 +/- 0.1 degrees -and that WILL be the COLDEST average high temperature for any April - only one other April had an average high under 50 - 1956, at 49.8.

The average temp for May is 55.3, so there is a potential for huge month to month jump in average temperatures, 16 degrees if we have just an average month.

JD

Is it just me or does it seems every other year, with some exceptions, winter is starting later and ending later?
  • NELSAP said:

For Glens Falls, NY, this April will likely end up as 2nd coldest since records were started in 1947 - just 0.2 degrees warmer than 1972. Projected monthly average will be 38.9, normal is 44.6.

The average high will end up being 48.8 +/- 0.1 degrees -and that WILL be the COLDEST average high temperature for any April - only one other April had an average high under 50 - 1956, at 49.8.

The average temp for May is 55.3, so there is a potential for huge month to month jump in average temperatures, 16 degrees if we have just an average month.

JD

Is it just me or does it seems every other year, with some exceptions, winter is starting later and ending later?

This one didn't start late, there was just a big gap in the middle of it.
    - Sam
  • NELSAP said:

JD

This one didn't start late, there was just a big gap in the middle of it.
    Agreed. I was getting some spring runs in during January and February. 6" reported at the top of Sugarbush. Would of loved to hike up this morning.
  • The week before Easter was perfect spring skiing, then winter came back.  From the pics I can see we skied in sweatshirts most of the week.  Only reason I took that week off rather than Easter week was because the water park at the North Conway Hampton Inn was closed Easter week.  Got real lucky, thank you Hampton Inn.
  • Very cold weather here in Northern Connecticut the last few days, not that I am complaining because I don't like the 80's that are coming. The foliage around here is about 90% bare and 10 days behind normal leaf out time. I'm considering skiing at Sugarloaf on Saturday depending on how much snow is lost this week.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• 91F Here in Enfield, we seemed to have skipped spring and went straight to summer. Spring is overrated, who needs it anyway.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.