Michigan Challenge to see who will stay open longer

TreillyTreilly advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 288
https://www.facebook.com/mountbohemia/posts/2173955202891658
Boyne has made a challenge to any Mi ski area to see who will be open the latest. Mt Bohemia accepted the challenge. The loser has to donate a $1,000 to the winners choice of a charity. So it’s a win win

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited April 12 Posts: 1,322
    Hey that's pretty cool.  I wonder what kind of shape Brule is in this year, they once went to mid May and they're small enough that it could be easier to maintain a slope.  Boyne still has a LOT of snow!    Kudos to them for doing this

• mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    I love Mt Bohemia's post calling out that they don't have snowmaking, whereas Boyne, well we know what Boyne has some patents on.
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    I think might be able to go longer because they have a groomer and can push snow around to cover up thin spots. Bohemia has lots of snow but no groomer
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Brule is scheduled to be opened through 4/22. They did not accept the challenge?

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

sugarloaf said:

Brule is scheduled to be opened through 4/22. They did not accept the challenge?

As far as I know only Bohemia accepted
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Big storm headed to UP. Should help Bohemia
    Boyne is forecasted for 9”13” of snow. Not the 2 feet that Bohemia is excepting. It will be interesting to watch and see
  • ciscokidciscokid expert

Interesting to see who wins

http://www.mtbohemia.com/-conditions/

Boyne mtn Thurs 4/12/18image
    IMG_4543.JPG
    2016 x 1512 - 671K
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Bohemia open and reporting over 14 inches, as of 4/16
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Boyne webcams are on YouTube and it's looks like they got at least 6". You could mistaken April 16th for March 16th.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

Boyne reporting 23” this morning and another 5” today. They will reopen for the weekend