Season Snow Totals

Anyone have information on snow totals from around the Northeast?

Whiteface-212
Bellearye-155
Plattekill-144
Hunter-109
~Rich~

Comments

• edited April 13
    Mount Snow 194"
    Killington 222"
    MRG 134"-181"
    Jay Peak 364"
    Cannon 188"
    Bretton Woods 205"

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• edited April 13
    Even with 212 inches the only trail open on Lookout Mt at Whiteface was Wilmington. Unacceptable. The ropes didn't drop much, or at all, on the Slides either. Why?
  • newman said:

Even with 212 inches the only trail open on Lookout Mt at Whiteface was Wilmington. Unacceptable. The ropes didn't drop much, or at all, on the Slides either. Why?

Gotta remember how the snow fell this year... A decent amount in December... Not much January into February. Close to a melt out late February, then while it certainly did snow in the Adirondacks and NoVT, in March, the real jackpot totals were in the Catskills, Berkshires and SoVT.... And it takes lots of snow to get the slides open for sure.... It's been almost a tale of 2 snowfall seasons this year, rather than a continuous snowfall season....

• Magic 174"

Bromley removed it from their web site but they were running above Magic so 180"-185"?

Stratton 174" (this seems low - not sure but I think they may measure at mid-Mountain?)

Mt Snow 194"

• As always in New England, it's less about how much snow we get and more about how much snow we lose throughout the season. 
  • The Slides where opened briefly in March, from what I saw in their ski report.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• The slides are tricky, its not like the west coast. Lots of Ice that they have to account for. With the warm ups and cooldowns that granite underneath turns everything into a shear coat of solid ice.
    ~Rich~
  • One of the silliest stats ski areas put out. Means absolutely nothing. What matters is the snow and snowmaking temps and efforts in the week or two leading up to when I ski there; anything else can be completely destroyed by melt. 

Sure, on a relative basis it tells us what we already know: Jay gets a ton of snow each year, Vermont gets a little more on average than NH and NNY. And this year nearly all was gone by the end of February; whatever natural you are on now fell since the end of the first week of March (thank goodness for that...).
  • I dont really see it as a silly stat, lots of ski resorts tout there snow totals every year. I was purely commenting to see where resorts ended up as this winter was up and down from November till now.
    ~Rich~
  • Crotched Mountain's website claimed 95.5".  (Based on what I shoveled at my slopeside condo, I suspect that 95.5 is low.)
  • As always in New England, it's less about how much snow we get and more about how much snow we lose throughout the season. 

Excellent point.  Jay Peak (almost) always gets the most snow, but they don't hold it. Killington, Sugarbush and Stowe seem to have the locations when it comes to holding onto the snow they get.