Latchis Hotel Ski Park

ski_itski_it expert
edited April 13 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 2,116
We were doing a white knuckle drive the morning of Sunday 2/25/2018 while headed south on I-91 to CT in a sleet storm. So this guy decides to pass us in the ungroomed lane and shortly thereafter spins out right in front of us. Luckily for us he went down the embankment into a kinda flattish area of the median or we would have T boned them because I could not stop. They looked to be scared but unhurt and others stopped to assist. There were a few other aftermaths of spin outs along the way. So that made us decide to get off at Exit 1 in VT for an early lunch at this pizza joint and there on the wall was this picture. It's not a good shot I know and I tried looking thru the historical societies gallery for a better one but came up short.  And if it weren't for JD's excellent website I wouldn't know much more about this ski resort than what's on the picture. This photo is not on NELSAP either.  http://www.nelsap.org/vt/latchis.html

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
aa.jpg
1632 x 1224 - 397K

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Love them there rope tows, only did one this year at Caberfae, nope one at Cannonsburg too.
    2 rope tows a year enuf
    But I need a tbar ride badly!
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Wow, that's a great shot of the tow! Excellent find!
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Actually though, the base isn't just Exit 1 - the Price Chopper is built directly over the site of the base of the tow/base lodge.

JD
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    That house in the left background brings to mind that mystery photo JD was trying to figure out a couple years ago.  Probably not, but made me think of it

• NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    edited April 13 Posts: 368
    That's a great reminder Rick - I checked Google Earth - and the house at the far left is still there!

JD
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Here is its
    house.jpg
    1046 x 888 - 585K
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Guys, great sleuthing! I'll have to check that house out the next time I'm in the area.
    That pic must be on the historical society web site. I'll have to try again sometime.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA