West Mountain to replace their Hall Double Face Chair

From their FB page, their Hall Double face chair will be being replaced with a NEW Partek Quad this Summer...

Feeling very nostalgic about this one, as that Hall Double was the first chair I ever rode back in December of 1980!!  (And it seemed ancient then ;) 

Bravo to the Montgomery family who have really turned West around from the brink of NELSAP status a few years ago when they bought it!!

Comments

• That's great about the Face Double - it was really in rough shape recently. It was originally from the Easton Mountain ski area over in Washington County, and was nearing the end of its lifespan.

JD
  • Do they need a quad there? Is it going up higher to service the extended racing area?
  • newman said:

Do they need a quad there? Is it going up higher to service the extended racing area?

Wouldn't surprise me in this day and age, if a quad is a "standard" order chair and anything else, double or triple is a "special order"

West has a sizable night program (both for schools and racing) and the added capacity of a quad probably isn't a bad thing as that part of the mountain also contains there park.

No mention of the length of the new lift and if it will go a bit higher up to reach the top of the "gnarwall" which is where their FIS certified SL hill starts....
  • DrJeff said:

newman said:

Do they need a quad there? Is it going up higher to service the extended racing area?

Wouldn't surprise me in this day and age, if a quad is a "standard" order chair and anything else, double or triple is a "special order"

West has a sizable night program (both for schools and racing) and the added capacity of a quad probably isn't a bad thing as that part of the mountain also contains there park.

No mention of the length of the new lift and if it will go a bit higher up to reach the top of the "gnarwall" which is where their FIS certified SL hill starts....

Partek's "standard" lift has always been a triple. They have built a handful of doubles and quads, but they are in the minority.

It will have footrests too!
    - Sam